College STD poster

Best answers
Done for a College project. The brief was to design a striking poster that would alert youngsters to the dangers of STD's, so there's mine.

Excuse the huge size.

Simplicity was my angle on this. I'd say it took around 2.5 hours on paper, redrawn in photoshop in about 2 hours. I'm also thinking about changing the font to maybe my own handwriting or at least something different. What do you guys think, any suggestions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's pretty cool, it works on three levels. My suggestion, maybe give the left hand warts or spots (genital warts and syphilis respectively) something to emphasise 'this is what happens when you don't use a condom' message.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool subliminal Matrix message haha, red or blue ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would definately look better if you used your own handwritting or any other font >_< its not striking enough with that blue for the "right" it should be a little brighter. I think the hands should be more of the same size, atm the one on the left looks a little bigger. Also try to keep in mind that your typography has nothing that it is aligned with, i would shape the text so that is spanned from one thumb tip to the other (keep it in line vertically like that, if you get what i mean). You can do that in photoshop by altering the spacing, or letter width whichever you think best.

I like the concept its original, but i think that it could be worked upon, the sketchyness on the left hand could be more sketchy and maybe instead of having a solid shadding you could crosshatch it, which would also make it easier to include blisters/sores on the hand if u like. At the moment there isnt too much difference between the hands, if i was to walk past this poster while going somewhere, it wouldnt be a very striking image, its too plain and empty, i'd try to focus peoples eyes on those hands maybe shade outside of them in black with crosshatching or some sort of way that pushes those images forward.

Im liking the project, I hope my comments will help with ur design ^_^, i love your art its always good to see what ur creating =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...maybe put them on a black background?

Best answers
Nice comments, thanks everyone. I'll have a 2nd bash at it now.

EDIT- Took everyone's crits and hammered out a 2nd version. Only thing i didnt like was hand written text, so i chose a font (i actually looked through the list this time) that suited it better, i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom