Codename Fermi

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVsvvcn1AUE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVsvvcn1AUE&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSo1T7kiP8A&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSo1T7kiP8A&feature=related[/ame]

I wonder what games will require those resources.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Crysis 2 probably, those are some really nice specs. That thing is really, really fast.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Crysis 2 will probably be for consoles since the Cry Engine 3 is for Xbox360 and PS3. And because of that Crysis 2 will probably look much worse than Crysis.

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
wow thas a hell of a video card :D
i wonder how much it costs ^^

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Hopefully it's gonna be relatively cheap since it's gonna be the first DX11 support card (from nVidia).

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
DUDE that is the mother of all GFX cards :p

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Think about it. The 9000 series ended with a dual GPU card (9800GX2). The 200 series also ended with a dual GPU card (GTX295). If the 300 series s gonna end with a dual GPU card, it's gonna be a monster.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Not for long though, games will probably react to the amount of power the graphics cards make available and thus they won't be monster cards for a long time. They can't make it too expensive either because the 5XXX series will probably be a good competitor from ATI. That and how long will it take for Microsoft to bring out DirectX 11.1?

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't think game making company's will overuse everything and make games with ****loads of polys and stuff like that. Most engines have adopted the technology Unreal Engine 3 brought in 2006 (or earlier, I don't know the exact time). Even Crytek made a update to the CryEngine2 to have a bit more performance in Crysis Warhead. I'm sure this tech will be perfected in the future engines to offer even more performance with even better graphics.
As for the DX11.1 idea... AMD released DirectX10.1 not Microsoft.They pretty much made it to hopefully have their card more sold but it wasn't the big success they hoped to achieve. I don't think we will see a DX11.1 any time soon.

Best answers
I heard Microsoft was gonna ship DirectX 11 along with Windows 7 sometime this year..??:shocked:

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I heard Microsoft was gonna ship DirectX 11 along with Windows 7 sometime this year..??:shocked:
Yes, Microsoft said that they will release Windows 7 in 10/22/09 along with the full version of DX11.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Pardon my ignorance, but would this be more powerful than a PS3's GPU?

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The PS3 GPU is a 7800GTX. It's pretty much nothing. Ever since the DX10 cards started rolling out the PS3 graphics card became nothing.

Last edited:
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know where you got that information Boogyman, but it is not true. The PS3's GPU is based on the Geforce technology(Although it might be based on the 7800GTX), and it is called the RSX (Reality Synthensizer), a 300 million transistor chip clocked at 550mhz. So yes, this new card is practically stronger than the RSX. Then again, the PS3 still has the Cell Processor as well, and seeing as how the entire device is made to run games, it can still probably do it better than any other system, given that the game designers make good use of it.

๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The PS3 might run games better but doesn't have the resources a PC has to run the graphics. Both consoles run games at 1280 x 720 and most of the times no AA just because of the lack of resources. Take the CryEngine 3 for example. It has far less detail and view distance then the CryEngine 2 just because of the lack of resources the consoles have to offer.
And from what you said, even my video card is faster then the PS3 GPU since my 7600GS is clocked to 630Mhz Core Clock and 480Mhz Memory Clock.

The consoles might have been made for gaming but the PC still offers the best gaming experience.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Clockspeeds tell nothing. My 8600M GT is clocked at 500mhz and it will probably thrash your 7600. There is a lot more to it than just clockspeeds, the amount of transistors, the speed of the RAM, shading cores etc.

Problem with consoles vs PC is; PC's get updates like every couple of months. While a console is made to last a couple of years. That's the big difference. And I agree, good games that are released on both PC and PS3, the PC has the best gaming experience. But as of lately, the good games are only released on the PS3 and Xbox or are first released on the consoles and released a couple of months later on the PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom