Code Geass – Hangyaku no Lelouch (R2)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I didn't see a topic for this yet, so i thought of starting a thread for (one of) my favorite animes ever.

I loved the entire plot and how you could see people changing over the time and getting crazy. Lelouch surprised me everytime again with his tactics and his acting inside of the academy. But i somehow hated nunally, she was nothing but a bother, but he still kept going doing everything for her...

Have you seen the anime?
What do you think of it?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Overall, the anime was good, but I thought the ending was pretty gay. :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well, at first i thought he (lelouch) got corrupted by all his might, but in the end all he did was for world's peace. i thought the anime was somewhat emotional if you compare it with most of the other animes.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, at first i thought he (lelouch) got corrupted by all his might, but in the end all he did was for world's peace. i thought the anime was somewhat emotional if you compare it with most of the other animes.
Cats cause it was made by clamp. Standard tradepark of theirs. Suzaku was made after Shaoran and Lelouch was made in teh image of Kamui XD

But yea nice plot. Though you must know not to seperate the 2 seasons since its in fact 1 single story.

Best answers
Overall, the anime was good, but I thought the ending was pretty gay. :p
No , that was the best part of this anime. It was the best ending i've ever seen at an anime. The guy who made this manga was really good

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first one was better

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lelouch dies and his death references Jesus

Best answers
I just loved the last episode...it was really AWSOME. Lulu was so awsome, he tricked us.. and the rest characters from Code GEass with HIS death. Also his friendship with Suzaku was so damn awsome.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was pretty bad TBH, I watched it all the way through though as the eps came out. First series wasn't bad, it got better and was certainly enjoyable, my standards are probably just a tad too high. Second series though was a lot worse, it seemed like the writers had lost direction completely and just meandered about randomly. Still had some very nice animation and choreography though, so it was gratifying visually.

Lol watch Gundam Seed.

Actually that's good advice in general because Code Geass seemed to try and run off the new mecha hype created by Seed but it's nowhere near as good.

LOL Gundam Seed was a crapy peace of garbage that should never have been released uppon this world. They tried to copy the originall Gundam series and failed misserably.

Code geass on the other hand was quite interesting. While i agree that season 1 was better due to the more tactical aproach i must say that season 2 was just as good. While not as tacticall it did a superb job ot tying all the loose ends left after season 1.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gundam Seed was far better than Code Geass, heh. The emotional depth, the character development and the philosophy of the show are far beyond any other mecha I've seen, not to mention the first Gundam anime to use such high quality animation, and it is damn beautiful. I prefer it to 00's mainly because 00 used too much editing and CGI, not that Seed didn't use some CGI though.

The only issues Geass touched upon were homolust, egotism and the odd sexual discovery issue most angsty teenagers relate to. Seed constantly forced it's characters to answer questions of morality, ethics and the Human condition. The story commented upon discrimination, explained the philosophy of war and how it is caused by emotions, sometimes directly. It even made interesting social comments about physics. Also, the choreography and the environments are far better, although I'll admit the designs are less creative than Geass as they're largely inspired by the old Gundams. That's not to say Geass is that creative with designs either though, particularly not compared to EVA or Escaflowne. The roller skates thing was cool, but it wasn't totally new.

Oh and it should be mention that the writers in Season 2 really were awful, I'm sure they must've changed from series one because it was that much worse. The amnesia retcon? Really? Amnesia writing is the biggest cop-out in all of writing and using it to retcon most of series 1 is even worse.
While i agree that Gundam Seed was the first gundam using CG i must say that they were totally unoriginal. They simply took the story of the UC series renamed chars, changed the designs a bit and they had a series. The entire in depth emotions during war and all that was all copied from the U.C. universe. Including some full eps.

Code geass on the other hand focuses more on battlefield tactics than the people on the field. Sure it has its main chars. But its more about a game of chess than individuals and emotions.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for reviving this thread but i feel like i have to say my opinion about this anime.
I've recently finished watching Code Geass R1 and R2 and i can say without hesitation that it's definitely very good and complex. The story line, the characters and the philosophy involved.
I liked it very much and i recommend it to anyone who wants to watch a great anime.
^_^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anime with 2 seasons and Manga is having a third season or something in that direction.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a third season..? But it ended :S And it was a decent ending too. It was a pretty simple anime and the plot was ridiculously contrived, the second season got worse and worse but all the same I enjoyed it. If they drag the anime out for another season I'll be sick of it
No. there are 3 alternate stories in manga and the first one is the version that you see in the anime (with some differences).
Oh and i think we all understood that you don't really like it. There's no point in trying to clear things once more. :p

Best answers
And what's with the second and the third season from Manga?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea the third season in the manga covers Nunnally and her encounter with Geass ^^
The 3 mangas are:

Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion
Code Geass - Suzaku the Counterattack
Code Geass - Nightmare of Nunnally

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom