CoD2?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So yeah? Any of you guys play it yet? Personally I'm a tad dissapointed. I mean, the games great and all and I love it. But there are a few things they could have done to make it better.

First of all: you can get shot like 15 times and not die. I think it should be just as realistic as the bots you kill. (i'm playing on veteran) 1 shot in the head= dead. Shot in the chest or 2 = dead, anywhere else.... loss of blood.

I'm also dissapointed with the fact that veteran isn't hard at all. I haven't died once, and I purposely died to see how many shots it would take. Though I do like the fact that everything goes all red. I also like how when you run the cross hairs dissapear, and how you don't know how much ammo you have.

I also love how they are like "cover me i'm reloading". I just wish you could do the same thing. You know? Ask people to help you out, or do this or do that. Although I really don't need people to cover me while I'm reloading that'd just be cool to say. I also wish you could pick grenades back up and throw them back at your enemy, it'd be more realistic.

So far, the game itself kicks major ass, and anyone who wants to play a good WWII game should get it. It's basically like CoD1. You can hold 2 guns, 4 nades, and 4 smoke nades. That's kind of new. I haven't really tested it out yet. But I "think" that the bigger the weapon the slower you are. Again I haven't tested it yet, maybe I've been playing CS: S too much.

COMMENT!

Best answers
I'm also dissapointed with the fact that veteran isn't hard at all. I haven't died once, and I purposely died to see how many shots it would take. Though I do like the fact that everything goes all red. I also like how when you run the cross hairs dissapear, and how you don't know how much ammo you have.
Judging by the demo, you can die pretty quickly. It's just that health regenerates, kind of like the shields in Halo, so in theory you can take an infinite number of shots before going down.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-JLN- said:
Judging by the demo, you can die pretty quickly. It's just that health regenerates, kind of like the shields in Halo, so in theory you can take an infinite number of shots before going down.
I didn't know in real life that if you are shot (anywhere) that your body will regenerate in a couple of seconds. Now I'll feel safer if anyone ever shoots me.

C'mon man, that's not realistic. And I've never played Halo.

I want the same realisim towards me that the bots get. If I shoot a bot in the head, they die. If I get shot in the head, I want to die. Put it this way. CS source is my favorite game when it comes to crud like that. It's realistic. Put that in the game and I'd be happy.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it were realistic you'd be dead before you got off of the boat.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't start on a boat.

And if that were true. Then we'd have lost the war.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A few lucky ones go through. The rest were mowed down by mg's.

Ok, forget the boat. If it were realistic the German invaders would have gotten you o.0. The Russians managed to fend them off due to sheer numbers and weather so...yeah.

Best answers
Since when has CoD ever been about realism? Besides, this new method of regenerating health is better than picking up medkits that miraculously heal you to full health. Like Zeonix said, if it were realistic you'd be dead in no time at all, and the game would be ridiculously frustrating. Mark my words, someone will make a "realism" mod for the game, and it won't be as fun as you expect.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive been playing CoD2 and I gotta say this game is pretty damn good. Theres nothing wrong with recovering health. If I had to find health packs I'd go crazy. I dont want to stand behind a blown up truck and shoot, hide, shoot, hide until everyone in that area is dead.

The difficulty should have been made...more difficult but its not like the game is super easy either. Im also playing on Veteran and although I can pretty much just run through an area and start taking people out from behind, it isnt recommended. Unlike CoD, it doesnt work 100% of the time.

The guns are pretty good. When I first got the sniper rifle, I squealed with joy. The only thing that pisses me off is they DONT die from shots to the head all the time. In most fps's I aim at the head, heart, and groin. In this game, if I shoot someone in any of those spots they fall down and get back up. Sometimes the guy will actually die, but it isnt a sure thing.

Taking out the tanks is pretty fun. I like that I get to choose between blowing up the treads or going for the full shabang. Smoke grenades are also pretty cool. They actually work. The only thing I have a tiny complaint about is they stop shooting once the smoke is there. I would think they would just shoot into the smoke instead of letting me walk right by them and shoot/nade them in the back.

The only real complaint I have is the part where you have to destroy the 50 foot tall robot. I mean, I know the nazis were advanced but what the hell? The eye lasers didnt help to make the scene any more realistic, either. Anyway, after destroying the NaziBot1943, the game started to get better.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You might want to put spoilers around the last part, as many people would like to be surprised by that part xD.

Played the demo, and while I enjoyed it, in an old interview, Infinity Ward claimed that COD2 was going to have squad-based action. Because I only played the demo, I do not know if this is true or not. Anybody wish to confirm?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If by squad-based action they meant you have some guys behind you who follow you around and occasionally kill a guy but dont take any orders from you, then yes, there is squad-based action. Sometimes they're helpful because they make good shields and when they die you can steal their ammo, but besides that I've found little use for them. I might as well be by my lonesome killing every last German in the world.

And yes, it's Call of Duty 2: Return of the Ally (cause you're the only one who actually kills people).

Best answers
I played some COD2 earlier, honestly something they could do to increase realism.

Through a numerous ammounts of shots, u end up falling, and just like in the republic commando, you can be healed by the medic, before falling a medic heals you etc.

The health pack thing wouldn't fit the situation, so i would say leave it out.

The guns, ok seriously, i watch the people behind me firing at the enemy, takes like 3 rifle shots for a teammate to drop a NPC, where as if the rifle is shot by you the damage doubles, that is just plain stupid.

The game is basically as close as u will get to being at WWII, very realistic in the look, but in the gameplay it needs some work.

Altho i liked the fact of, i shot a guy in the lower leg and he tried to limp away, but i get more satisfaction out of doing that in fear, cause they yell for help.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The gustapo requires me to inform people to please not revive older threads. Why, I don't know, but them's the rules, so I'm going to have to go ahead and close this. Sorry in advance. :0\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom