Coca Cola Light + Mentos = dead.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just got a mail about a child who literally, killed himself with Coca Cola and Mentos. Spoilers aside, here's the file.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z09bz8

Spoilers aside, this is a .pps file, which means you'll need PowerPoint or OpenOffice to open it. I apologize for any mistakes, I translated it from serbian in a rush.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't wait till people start dying from Cheerios.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh did you even see it? Cause you replied so fast I'd say it's impossible -.-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, but I know what mixing diet coke with mentos does. That, and you mentioning a child kinda makes it easy to figure out. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now This is Ackward, someone will soon say that a friend of his commited suicide twitching his fingers, or perhaps doing nothing ?

Best answers
The final slide just pissed me off... they got money growing out their asses and don't want to consider this case... this is bs!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same issue with the Pop Rocks conspiracy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I fixed some mistakes in the file. Now will someone download it???

Best answers
yeah i heard some stories about coca cola light and mentos ...

i think that i read about that in newspapers...
thats really dangerous:S ,i want to see that with my eyes,so i will try with my friends these days xD i hope its not gona explode ...wish me luck :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it isn't a big deal, though if you put them in some kind of weak plastic and the cork closed where's lots of mentos in it, and shake it a bit and the throw to land as hard as you can, it can injure people, since it hits damn hard somebody and flies like a rocket.

otherwise it's not that bad at all, but if you taste some of it, you're gonna puke up.

look for some video clips at youtube, so you'll see.

This is pretty fun to do, i've done it myself also ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dude, a kid drank it and his belly exploded. I'd call it a big deal, it isn't beyond possibility that one of us makes the same mistake. Might have saved your lives, who knows...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's called a chemical reaction.

A combustion reaction maybe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not maybe, definitely. Two chemicals that react to each other found themselves among the ingredients of Coke and Mentos, and boom.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wanted to do that, but there's pics and I'm too lazy to upload them all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not maybe, definitely. Two chemicals that react to each other found themselves among the ingredients of Coke and Mentos, and boom.
There is no real chemical reaction so to speak. You should watch more mythbusters.

What happens in the case of mentos and soda is the pitted surface of the mentos releases additional gas bubbles into to soda causing massive expansion of the gas/soda mixture.

And since small confined place + massive amounts of liquid = burst

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you read the file, you'd know that there are two substances that mix between Coke and Mentos which form a third, substance which releases gas until it explodes. Just download it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't though. There is no chemical reaction between sugar and more sugar that causes an explosion.

There is absolutely no true chemical reaction going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom