Clip-creating Video Editor.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is there ANY clip-creating video editor except for Windows Movie Maker? By clip-creating I mean that it generates clips out of an imported video file, just like Movie Maker, so I don't have to split it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because a 20 minute episode would take hours to split it all. I want to be able to put a cut up episode into the timeline immediately. I'm too lazy to split it all >_<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because a 20 minute episode would take hours to split it all. I want to be able to put a cut up episode into the timeline immediately. I'm too lazy to split it all >_<
listen....movie maker would split a 20 min into only 4 parts automaticly, now how much do you want to split it,you mean like frame after frame?:|

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well WMM for me splits clips for about 10 seconds each, give or take, and like that the whole episode. That's what I want.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because it craps out every time I mouse-over a clip. WMM 2 that is.

Best answers
well..

Well ya i agree with you WMM is crap (i make videos with it and always punch my monitor every single time it freezes *shrug*) but if you want to be more specific i can see if i can tell you how to avoid that freeze ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well ya i agree with you WMM is crap (i make videos with it and always punch my monitor every single time it freezes *shrug*) but if you want to be more specific i can see if i can tell you how to avoid that freeze ;)
Well, I imported two Naruto episodes in AVI format, and the song Smothered by Spineshank. It worked for a while, and I managed to make quite a bit of progress. I saved it, of course, and still have the document on my desktop. However, now when I put my mouse over a clip, it crashes immediately, giving that annoying "Send Error Report" error. Every freaking time, no exceptions.

What video format are you trying to import? I've never had Windows Movie Maker freeze on me once.

Refer to this site: http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Issues-Acceleration-and-Codecs.html
As I said before, I used AVI format, but that doesn't matter since I managed to work with it for like an hour, then it started crashing. And that site you gave me mentioned something about renaming codec extensions, how can I be sure if the codecs I rename aren't tied to my graphics drivers? I think they use the same format as DivX codecs.

Best answers
Hmm your right that freeze does sound f***** up well all i do is not do anything unusual.

And I tried the codec guide and voila, but sometimes you wont be able to import some videos with ALL the .ax checked off so just check them back on import it and play a clip and check all the .ax codec off again, if you didnt read the tutorial just go to options then to compabilty and just check all the .ax out...

Users who are viewing this thread