Clientside Charge Sprites?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about making your charge fx a clientside variable (cvar)? I personally could live without them taking up a lot of my screen and obscuring my view, but i'd like to see my enemies.

For instance if it's Vegeta vs. Semi-Perfect Cell, currently if he charges a Gallick Gun I can see him from a mile off, but if I charge mine, I can't see jack, which means I have to blindly move the recticle around until it turns red.

With the cvar disabled however, I could see his charge sprite but not mine, and vice versa.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I find it is much less of a problem if I use first person. Its convenient because I cant fight in 3rd.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even in first person, the beam charge still blocks your view if you're aiming downward, not to mention you have reduced vision because of the beam itself blocking your view when you fire. I guess it's all up to personal preference, but I couldn't play in FP all the time.. Third person is just too handy, you see much more of what goes on around you. Makes it far easier to dodge and find targets.

Anyway.. I think the idea for a cvar charge sprite is very good. But most cvars affect the entire server, not just one player, right? Would it even be possible to code?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cvars (cv_) effect just you, Svars (sv_) effect the whole server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom