Client Prediction

Best answers
This may sound odd, but I've seen some people exploiting the Prediction feature.

I was playing on a server and this guy, ( I won't call names. ) hitted me from a few meters away, while he wasn't even in melee range.

Second, this guy keeps getting clean headon's all the time. And the weird part is, the explosion that happens when you use melee was miles away from my character.

Third, all the people had problems with hitting him when he flew around. Suspicous that he is hard to hit, while others are easy to hit with melee. Even when he hangs in the air, people keep getting melee problems.

This problem is also similiar with CS, people has special scripts that allow them to lag themselves and causes very "odd" laggy stuff.

Well, I still won, even though he was using some *** crap.
Did any of you guys experienced any odd guys that keeps getting lagged and still hits you in various odd ways?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah man, ive seen this before.. i place my bet on it being lag, as in your froze with a little chunk of lag while he's happly hitting away making it look as if your far away... but really, i have seen people exploit this bug.. dont know how yet, dont know any w0nid's but its pretty much what you say, the guys pretty damm easy to hit with anything, but when you go anywhere near him with meelee, your knocked back, nowhere near contact, he hit me from the other side of the map once, i blamed it on lag, but i cannot be shure :|

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It used to happen in games in the old days. You would be somewhere and suddenly be hit. It's basically the server thinking that your somewhere else and for some reason you don't tell the server where you really are or you do and it doesn't believe it. Ya know what I mean?

Best answers
And "THAT" is what they are busing. They make lame little binds that make themself lag, so the server gets confused.
And this way, they get unfair advantage in melee.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But there is no client prediction in beta 1.1

Best answers
oh my...give me a moment to gather the feeling inside of my gut... :shocked: :scared:

lmaaaaaoooooooo :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

I especially liked the punchline at the end :-D, nice one miroku. Even though i myself felt that i've heard of it being in 1.1...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no

The punchline is that it was around in 1.0 . . . it's optemized in 1.1.

It can't be spammed like you think, if they lag them selves, they too have the warping problems, as you aren't around either.

Best answers
This was already discussed to death in CS beta 4.X (I think). They have already determined prediction does not give you any kind of unfair advantage, just put the high pingers and low pingers on a more even playing field.

Melee has changed in other ways, plus overall fps is down, that's why it may seem different. Or maybe your hacks don't work with this version of ESF :laff:

EDIT: This is actually the cause for the fabled "homing bullets"; bullets that seem to go around corners. However, lag compensation only goes so far in the past, so if it had been a lan game they would have shot you anyway.

Best answers
Riiiiiight Abe, nice contribution to the thread. But unfortunately, we don't allow 'arrogant' and 'Elite wannabe' on the thread. :rolleyes:
You already have a bad reputation, and frankly, I rather talk to people that has a decent amount of knowledge of this matter. Thank you very much.

Time to talk to more reasonable people;
Cucumba, if the lag problem affects the user of the script. Why is he killing people easily in CS and all the other mods?
In NS, alot of alien players use this crap so they can't be hit.
And no, I ain't a whiner, it is just very odd, how some people can survive and dodge bullets like the 'cough' Matrix 'cough'

People that has super aim skills, getting pissed by a newbie that barely shows any skills and just walks around, barely getting hurt, is very suspicous.

And that is what the Lag script does, I won't tell it on the forum.
It gives all keys multiple binds, everytime when you press, it causes either screenlag or internet lag. That way, they can hit everybody clean without the worries of getting hit.
Well.... that is what they think. :devgrin:

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most of those people will have problems with people on 56k, where the lag factor is a normal thing . . . you broadband folks need to learn how lag works, it's not an updating issue. It's the fact that you refresh far more often than a lagger. So how does it help him? It doesn't, he has the same problems on his side, so what if he thinks it helps, just learn to predict his movemnets and you'll be ok. That's how you have to play on narrowband.

Best answers
I don't understand what you have against me Golden, but you
A) need to learn how to take a joke
B) need to take your own advice

And who the fudge are you to tell me what we do and do not allow in this thread, I don't see moderator under your name.

Anyway back on topic, trust me, any time you see him teleporting around, he is seeing the exact same thing. It's not like you are moving smooth as glass to him. There's a cl command for simulating lag; next time you are in a server, use it on yourself to give yourself 500 ping and try fighting. You won't find any advantage, believe me.

Best answers
Hmmm, why should I take a distasteful joke like that, from "you"

I'm maybe not a moderator, but I "MADE" this thread.
Oh, and the little command is known as "fake_loss or fake_lag"
It only works if you play on a server with cheats enabled.
But you obviously don't know about lag scripts, don't you?

Lag scripts has multiple binds that keeps switching through laggy rates, and when you let go off the mouse. Your rate is restored to normal, now try hitting someone that keeps faking his position.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting, I see what you mean now saiyan. I thought they were just giving themselves a lot of lag for some odd reason but if they can move and disguise it with lag and then see everything clear if they don't move that would be a huge advantage. I want to run into one of these guys. I think it would be a fun match :)

Best answers
fss, common sense and courtesy is lost on you. I know what lag scripts are, but I am telling you they do no good at all. Lag compensation is just that, compensation. It is not lag CORRECTION, meaning what they see is not necessarily what they hit. www.summerblue.com has a great (and long) article on why lag scripts are almost totally worthless. Besides, a true lag scripter will only show it when you are close to him.

And the #1 reason why lag scripting doesn't work in ESF...BECAUSE PC JOE SAYS THERE IS NO COMPENSATION IN 1.1

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23552&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

Here is the thread. 6th post down. OK BYE

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look the reason why the lag thing works so well for Counterstrike and other games is because the bullets are instant hitting, not slow like the beams. In here. PcJoe said there was no CL prediction in one of the stickies, and even if it was used, it still wouldn't be effective since the attacks here aren't instant.

Best answers
Melee is instant, if you're near enough. And Abe, I'm talking about lagging yourself. I don't care what those people say in those articles, they're just dumb asses they always thinks they know everything.
In Half-Life, theories are obselete and to be honest. I've tested a lag script before on CS and my friend has tested a lag script from CS on ESF.
Know what he said?

"The lag script works 'MARVELOUS'"

I've found out that he played against me on a other alias, he was using the script and guess what happened? He pulled off crazy ****, hitting me from a mile far away. Shooting blasts that is barely near the wall and explodes against it.

His name was Vegeta-san.

Abe Froman, I've encountered enough cheaters on CS and Quake 1, even some other games.
Lag scripts is one of the oldest cheats there is, in Quake 1 people could literally make themselves disappear with the script.

Best answers
Originally posted by GoldSaiyan
I don't care what those people say in those articles, they're just dumb asses they always thinks they know everything.
Now that's the pot calling the kettle black. :rolleyes:

Fine, think what you want. I don't care anymore.

Best answers
*pointless bickering* everyone is entitled to their opinion whether others agree or not...
just leave it both of you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom