Client.dll

Best answers
i have just downloaded esf and wen i try to play i keep getting an error message about a client.dll were can i find one that works???

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are 2 errors.

Wichone is it. Calt load library Client.dll

Or Client.dll differs from server?

Also are you using STEAM?

Best answers
i dunno if u could do this, but it worked for my friends, delete client.dll and restart steam.... dont do this unless someone else tells u if its okay.

Best answers
oi i get that client dll problem somtimes, he "your clien t dll differs from server, will deleting it really work. oi also somtimes when i try and join a room my sef just crashes, no erroer message itjust goes back to desktop, faster than if i close it myself.... it doesnt even lag , it gets to precatching resources and then just drops any idea on what that is?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nihao said:
oi i get that client dll problem somtimes, he "your clien t dll differs from server, will deleting it really work. oi also somtimes when i try and join a room my sef just crashes, no erroer message itjust goes back to desktop, faster than if i close it myself.... it doesnt even lag , it gets to precatching resources and then just drops any idea on what that is?
Sounds like you are using a map that may have a problem with using 24bit textures, as some maps tend to do that (such maps include esf_zsword and other maps by imonkong that seem to crash when using 24bit textures in opengl mode, I consider the problem to be related to how the map was compiled, though I could be wrong).

StrawhatX said:
i have just downloaded esf and wen i try to play i keep getting an error message about a client.dll were can i find one that works???
Are you using Steam?. Are you running the latest version of esf? (which is currently 1.2.3).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nihao said:
Firstly dont listen to overlord ^^

Secondly. The error you get is comon. It happens when you have a difrent version of the game as the server.

So if you have ESF 1.2 and the server ESF 1.2.3 than youd get that error.

So basicly make shure you have the latest version and that the server you are joining also has that version.

As for the other error that happens. "Cant load library client.dll" it happens on 2 ocasions:

1.) When you arnt using STEAM

2.) When you are using STEAM. Somethimes the mp3 player screws up. It causes that problem. You can fix it by downloading the fmod.dll for the beta version off ESF-world.

NOTE for this problem. If you arnt using STEAM downloading the fmod.dll file will not solve it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:

Secondly. The error you get is comon. It happens when you have a difrent version of the game as the server.

So if you have ESF 1.2 and the server ESF 1.2.3 than youd get that error.

So basicly make shure you have the latest version and that the server you are joining also has that version.

As for the other error that happens. "Cant load library client.dll" it happens on 2 ocasions:

1.) When you arnt using STEAM

2.) When you are using STEAM. Somethimes the mp3 player screws up. It causes that problem. You can fix it by downloading the fmod.dll for the beta version off ESF-world.

NOTE for this problem. If you arnt using STEAM downloading the fmod.dll file will not solve it.
Heh, I didn't realize the first part of his post first of that bat, but note I was more referring to his question on maps -_-.
oi also somtimes when i try and join a room my sef just crashes, no erroer message itjust goes back to desktop, faster than if i close it myself.... it doesnt even lag , it gets to precatching resources and then just drops any idea on what that is?
Unless, of course it's him tryying to join multiple rooms after the other.
If you decide to update esf via patches rather then downloading the full installer (which is simpler in method, however a bigger file altogether), you have to isntall all the patches in order (1.2.1 > 1.2.2 > 1.2.3). You can't install one patch and expect it to work, 1.2.2 is when the client dll changes took place, 1.2.3 fixes a few map bugs and adds the esf_arrival map.
Grega said:
Listening to Overlord can be helpful :). In future, I hope you don't go decide to put me down Grega >_>.

Best answers
any one got a link to the fmod.dll ? looked every where lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom