client.dll problem - done everything

Best answers
ok i have looked everywhere ,i searched and did what everyone said. I have steam and a proper cd key, i have installed ESF 1.2 and the updates and it appears in my play games list. I double click the ESF to start playing and it says the client.dll error saying "could not load library <directory> client.dll" and exits the program. I downloaded that FMod file but that is for non steam isnt it, but i tried anyway and still had the same problem. I cut and pasted the current client.dll in another place and it started up ok then when i joined a server it says the client.dll differs. I think i've tried nearly everything but still cant play. I have NS and Svencoop and they work fine if that means anything, i also have CS (of course). I have ran Half-Life and did what someone said and just run around for a bit then installed but still same problem. I have tried re-installing, tried without updated patch but still its all the same. Anyone got any ideas what i can do next? Because I really wanna play.

Thanks in advance

Broly.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Use the full installer, not patches.

The current version is 1.2.3. Make sure that's the installer you get.

Best answers
I got the full installer it was 213mb, then i updated it with one patch on the site to that version u sed. same prob.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Full installer requires no updates or patches. It's full. That's why we call it the full installer.

Read this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom