Clarification on the Dragon Balls and CTDB

Best answers
Hi, for the past few weeks now I have been trying to figure out exactly how CTDB mode works. I have tried time and time again to find at least one Dragon Ball on every single map and I have not found any. I recently browsed the forums trying to see if there were any posts with details about CTDB. All the information I found was contradictory and just confused me more. I would be grateful if somebody who understands CTDB would clarify and detail the process of starting a CTDB game. Are there any options I need to have enabled besides CTDB [experimental]? Any specific level/characters? etc. Thank you for your time.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well its like this. The mapper has to put Dragonballs into the map. The only official map that has them is esf_riverside.

There are some custom maps on esf-world that have them like the cellarena_b3 map or the ktn_arena.

Basicly its all down to the maps.

Also you should allways make shure that your mp_gamemode cvar is set to 2 (if it isnt you arnt running CTDB)

Best answers
Thanks a lot for your help! I figured out that in order to start a CTDB match that has dragon balls in it. First I have to create a CTDB match, then go to the console and change the mp_gamemode to 2. Next I have to start a new Free Fight match and the dragon balls are there. However, I can only have so much fun with them before one gets stuck inside a polygon (terrain). But whatever, I guess that why its still in its experimental stage. Thank you very much!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gerreck said:
Thanks a lot for your help! I figured out that in order to start a CTDB match that has dragon balls in it. First I have to create a CTDB match, then go to the console and change the mp_gamemode to 2. Next I have to start a new Free Fight match and the dragon balls are there. However, I can only have so much fun with them before one gets stuck inside a polygon (terrain). But whatever, I guess that why its still in its experimental stage. Thank you very much!
It sounds as if you were using evm, CTBD mode uses team play, not free for all.

Best answers
I think theres a dragon ball fix on esf-world... But there are other maps available where it doesn't mess up as much. 1.3 will have them fixed though so... yeah.

Best answers
|Overlord| said:
It sounds as if you were using evm, CTBD mode uses team play, not free for all.
No, I do not have EVM installed. In fact, I don't even know what that is. But thanks for your input anyways. As I said before, any and all help is appreciated.

Best answers
evm is evolution mod for esf. personally, i just got it and i like it a lot. i think its very fun, but takes no skill once you get to the maximum transformation. nowadays every game i go into there is at least 1 noob who hides and does high level ki blasts spam and ruins the game for the rest of us.

in evm there is dragonballs in basically every map, so if u like dragonballs i suggest you get evm and check it out.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
g00dz said:
evm is evolution mod for esf. personally, i just got it and i like it a lot. i think its very fun, but takes no skill once you get to the maximum transformation. nowadays every game i go into there is at least 1 noob who hides and does high level ki blasts spam and ruins the game for the rest of us.

in evm there is dragonballs in basically every map, so if u like dragonballs i suggest you get evm and check it out.
Yes in evm dragon ball ar in evry map but one more THing EVM question ar not superte on this forum(you can find evm www.esf-world.com but it's not balance but you can try it)

Best answers
Ok, well I've done some experimenting over the past few days and I have now become convinced that the Dragon Balls aren't worth the trouble. Sure, they work sometimes but you can't ever get a good game going because after about the third wish one of them always respawns inside a polygon and then you can't use them anymore. So thanks for your help, I guess I'll just wait until 1.3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom