cl_flushentitypacket

Best answers
Yes, I know what it is, but what's your point? "Remove it"?
See, the only way to avoid it is to get on a better(and closer) server, you CAN'T remove it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he meant to use this as a reply to a post already open and clicked the wrong button.
Either that, or he's not making enough sense.
Please clarify, Dark Elemental.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he means that he doesnt know why he has that problem....
i have it sometimes 2, i think its something the same as connection problem...

Best answers
i get this problem from time to time, Cl_flushpacketentity or connection problems. Which seems kinds strange since i have DSL and join servers with good pings for me. Also since I only seem to get this problem with ESF (alot) Im almost certain theres a problem.

Connection problems usually appear on dedicated servers the most while listen servers are the most stable for me. I rarely get connection problems with listen servers. I cant play for more then 10-20 minutes on dedicated servers without getting connection problems or Cl_flushpacketentity. This was especially true for the ESForces dedicated servers.

No devil wasn't to blame for this since his methods crash servers with different end results, with him it just dumped me to console.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When my road runner was running really slow, I got that constantly. Your cable is probly messing up a little.

-UltraPerfectCell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only thing u can do is wait it out

aside from that u cant do a thing

Best answers
yeah sorry i wasnt more clear, i was actually just getting ready to crash when i posted that.

i have noticed, and a great other deal of ESF players that i have talked to have noticed that there seems to be an issue with lag in the servers, every (windows) server i go on eventually lags really badly at some point, and in alot of cases i will get a "Warning: CL_FlushEntityPacket" error.

In alot of cases the lag will just clear up after a few, but there seems to be something wrong, not that i would know for sure.

as for joining servers that are close to me, i never join a server that i ping over 150-170ms on.

Best answers
--Oh and in response to UltraPerfectCel:

i assure you, its not "just my cable messing up" :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
being close or far to a server has nothing at all to do with a cl_clushentitypacket

what happens is the server loses a packet or 2 and as a result ur client goes "OMFG IM CONFUSED WTF OMG OMG OMG!!!" and pops up with a little error in the corner which valve has called cl_flushentitypacket

and dont dubble post

Best answers
sure, whats a "dubble" post anyways

--and the distance factor was in response to an earlier posters comment regarding distance.

and btw, if its merely packet loss, then why dont other games like tfc or cs do it?, you mean to tell me i have never lost a single packet in any other halflife mod?

obviously i have, but i have never seen that in any other game.

Best answers
The other mods are simpler, less stuff to get lost on the way.

Hibiki, true, distance doesn't directly affect this, but the farther away the server, the more likely a packet will encounter a problem, right?

Best answers
btw, if its merely packet loss, then why dont other games like tfc or cs do it?, you mean to tell me i have never lost a single packet in any other halflife mod?
Same here, it would seem that certain people are having problems staying connected to servers. I wonder how many people out there are having this problem and what can be done to correct it.

I may have enough patients to wait for v1.2, but its hard to get excited about the new version when i can't play v1.1 long enough to enjoy the experience.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Align said:
The other mods are simpler, less stuff to get lost on the way.

Hibiki, true, distance doesn't directly affect this, but the farther away the server, the more likely a packet will encounter a problem, right?
not true because data does not just vanish mid trasmit its eather trasmitted or it isnt

if packet loss accured mid way then the whole line wouldnt send and u would just ping out of the server

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom