City of Villains

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Recently ive tired of WOW and i need a break. City of heroes was really fun and i only left it for WOW because i didnt like the whole do-gooder shizzle. COV wipes the floor with it easly, decent pvp, cool missions and best of all, you get to build a secret base for your fellow minions and then raid other heroes and villains bases to upgrade your own.

Become an infamous Villain: Players can advance from low level thugs to eventually fulfill their destiny as legendary arch-criminals.

Design and build infinitely customisable fortresses of evil: Players repel intruders with vicious weaponry and diabolical defenses.

Heroes and Villains collide: Now players can choose to take on the most challenging rivals of all time… each other!

Huge variety of villain missions: including heists, kidnappings, infiltrations, and more!

Incredible villain variety: including new archetypes, powers, villain costumes, and the deadly new villain group Arachnos!

So, anyone joining me and migrating to the ranks of Villains?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its your standard MMO, so you need to buy it for £15 then £10 every month after.

Best answers
I played it on my old comp because my dam comp tech won't give me back my new one, i might have to take him to court -_-.

I fiddled around with the game some, made a few villans and starting saturday i am in the 2 day headstart on the pinnacle server, my old COH home.

I think the NDA was lifted so ill give some pics of my brute, one is a walllean, the other is me logging off of my brute for the last time.

Mooshai! The rock melee/Rock defense minotaur!

I refused to get to into the game, so soon after i made a new villan as a mastermind mercenary controller, called my mercs, Pvt Forest Gump, Pvt Bubba Gums, and the specops was Lt Dan!

Anytime one of the soldiers would die the other would shout their name like gump dies, Lt Dan would go Gump!! etc.

Or if we had to run i had them both say Run forest Run! It was a blast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really wanna try it out. But I don't wanna pay. I'm hoping they'll release a free trial sometime so I can try it out. I have a massive urge to make the Osmonds into super villains.

On the note, how in depth is the character creation? Is it all choose this head, choose this body, or is it alot more like SWG where you can do anything.

Best answers
Chin,jaw,head,body,shoulders,legs,waist size.

Athletic, small,tall, large builds etc.

The char creations has ATON more then COH, iv seen some really kick butt looking villans.

COV or COH doesn't really release free trials, only way is to pay =/.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its not worth it.. The game blows..

It was a huge disapointment to me. I hated it. So slow

Best answers
Slow? How so? The gameplay is fast maybe you just played it wrong?

Ragdoll physics really made it seem alive as well, sadly i couldn't see the new graphics but i have seen screens of them, and omg it looks nice.

Stalker is basically a assasin, you would think it is the same as a scrapper but it isn't, they use hide and get assassins strike etc, criticals from hiding etc etc.

Master minds, what is there to say? The ability to command a Horde of undead, a Battalion of robots, A Dynasty of Ninja, or a army of merc,up to 6 pets at a time, 1 upgrade per pet, i had alot of fun with this class.

Brute, now this is the cream of the crop for COV, they get stronger as they are hit or make hits, with 75% fury, which is their bonus to dmg over hits etc, i did 140 dmg at lvl 8!

Dominator, i figured this would be the same as controllers for COH, however i was wrong, the dominators are all about damage, and domination is their inherent skill, which is activated once you do enough damage, or controlling to hit 90% in your domination bar, it makes your skills do 50% more dmg and last 50% longer, it has a long recharge time tho.

Corruptor, I thought blaster as soon as i saw this class, however they are more of a range+healer type, they are really range+buff but most people used them for healing, their inherent is scourge, which gives critical chances depending on how low the mobs hp is.

The games ragdoll really makes it feel alive, my favorite moment was when i hit a mob with my hammer, and he flew backwards nailed the wall and slid down, it was like looking into a comic, they did a awesome job on the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Got my copy today, gonna finish college/theory/MechMod weekend session first >_>

Best answers
Currently in the preorder 2 day weekend bonus, and loving it, i love seeing all the low level people, really easy to find a group, currently a lvl 8 fire brute, the ragdoll is fun, and the fire explosions everytime my sword hits are awesome, even if on low detail, they leave scars and marks everywhere.

It gets alot more fun later on gonna finally kidnap that stupid kid that saw me in the beta, he won't get away this time!

Best answers
Kama said:
On the note, how in depth is the character creation? Is it all choose this head, choose this body, or is it alot more like SWG where you can do anything.
You couldn't do just "anything" in SWG. -_- You had some proportion options, but all chars really looked the same when you meesed with them... like in WoW.

If I hadn't bought WoW, I'd go for it. But I did, so thank ya anyways.

I would love to touch those customization options, though... I think a closer comparison would be the Sims 2, if I were to guess, Kama.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
but all chars really looked the same when you meesed with them... like in WoW.
Then you my friend have not tried long enough. I had my human looking like a Calamari. :yes:

Best answers
Let me rephrase... all chars looked the same if they looked good...

But they're still the same features and lack any true definition. The fat nose is no different than the skinny nose, the jowels were still the same jowels, no matter how they were manipulated, and so on.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wolf Devil said:
But they're still the same features and lack any true definition. The fat nose is no different than the skinny nose, the jowels were still the same jowels, no matter how they were manipulated, and so on.
I don't really see how a having a fat, wide nose is the same appearance as a skinnt, long nose. Plenty of costumes, plenty of masks, it's prett hard to find a lot of identical costumes (unless they are aimming for an already made character). I just with they had more hair styles, they are seriously lacking an unique ones.

Best answers
Mogwai said:
Chin,jaw,head,body,shoulders,legs,waist size.

Athletic, small,tall, large builds etc.

The char creations has ATON more then COH, iv seen some really kick butt looking villans.

COV or COH doesn't really release free trials, only way is to pay =/.

WRONG! i got a 1 month free trial in PC gamer, and then a coupla weeks later a 7 day free trial. For City Of heros.

Im waiting for the COV.

Best answers
So far on COV i am lvl 19, it is getting harder to level now, and waay harder to manage my enhancements, but i am doing good i think. The game is just fun, that is the only way to describe it, the ragdoll makes it seems alot better, it is probably the same for COH.

I did some pvp yesterday, and let me tell ya, the only thing i can compare it to is DAoC, you assault their fort, and can be debuffed if they finish missions, can summon godlike creatures, get temp powers it is fun, me and a guy fought 600 ft, in the air last night, no one won, we both ran from one another lol.

Anyways i took somemore pics, bare in mind, these are far from the highest graphical value.

Ragdoll, no it isn't a bug, his arm is on the fire ext, arm =P.

Temp power from a contact mission, an hour and 20 minutes, of jetpack fun!

These are fun, not only can you fight them, you can do a mission to earn 5 of them, and can even use them outside the pvp zone! It is great!

I took a picture of the elite spider crabs, because they look cool =P, i haven't seen them in action yet, the heros didn't get that far in our base.

Best answers
*sighs* i cant get it it was not releste in australia and if it was i still will not get it cuz u must pay to continue playing it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
****, i need this game.

anyone know if you need COH before COV? or are they completely seperate games?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kaination said:
****, i need this game.

anyone know if you need COH before COV? or are they completely seperate games?
CoV is a standalone, but it does interact with CoV (in that you can see all the heroes and shyt online too, otherwise there wouldn't be much point in a villains Vs. heroes game. :p).

So, yeah, you can just get CoV and it'll work just fine and dandy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DAMM im having fun with the base design system. its about as customisable as the characters themselves, so fun and easy \o/

I also bumped into papa lazarou superhero screaming at a guy called super dave "YOUR MY WIFE NOW". naturally hilaraty ensued if you get the resemblence. i'll find the screeny later xD

Also, you should post your toons names once your sorted, we could join up and build up a new base :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom