City of Heroes & Villians.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was curious if this game was any good?
I've been caught up in nostalgia while watching Incredibles and a big fan of Smallville as well so I thought, what the heck why not?

It's late and thought I'd find out if it's worth to dough and monthly, so.. Any players care to inform me of the awesomeness of the game? :O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it is. It's pretty good. That's all I'll say while I'm this tired, but it's a lot of fun. It's very repetitive though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, and no, you can't pirate it, Lionheart.

I played for a long time, and loved it dearly. Unfortunately, while I was moving I forgot to manually cancel my account, and so they tried to continue billing me. They assume you want to play indefinitely. Well, they weren't able to steal my money, so they banned my account.

And that's why I'm never playing it again.

Anyway, as said, it does get repetitive. The best way to get around that is to make friends and lots of them. Otherwise the grind will seem silly and you'll stop playing, wasting your money in the process.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was going to try it out, one time, but then I decided not to. I still might try it out, though.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get the trial at the very least. The newest issue added a shitload of content.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol Minion, that's a no-no . Hope that that was sarcasm.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, and no, you can't pirate it, Lionheart.

I played for a long time, and loved it dearly. Unfortunately, while I was moving I forgot to manually cancel my account, and so they tried to continue billing me. They assume you want to play indefinitely. Well, they weren't able to steal my money, so they banned my account.

And that's why I'm never playing it again.

Anyway, as said, it does get repetitive. The best way to get around that is to make friends and lots of them. Otherwise the grind will seem silly and you'll stop playing, wasting your money in the process.
I find that very offensive.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure you do, Lionheart.

@ Minion: If you can't afford 15 dollars a month, you need to forget about gaming and go get a job. Seriously. They basically give you the other half of the game for free. Buy both CoH and CoV, and you only pay 15 bucks a month, or less if you pay for multiple months in advance.

Best answers
I am not finished with my school yet to get job.And no i can't afford 15$.I am living in pirate country.So...PM me. ^_^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am not finished with my school yet to get job.And no i can't afford 15$.I am living in pirate country.So...PM me.
I wasn't finished with school when I got my first job. You don't have a valid excuse.

As I said before, there's no way to pirate the game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
tis a great game, been playing it on-and-off since back in the city of heroes EU closed beta days

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been hearing really good things about it, as far as MMORPGs go, but the monthly pay puts me off.

I bet stores sell those card things with monthly subscriptions on them, but I either keep forgetting, or don't care enough to want to investigate further. I also feel like I don't really want to invest a whole lot of time in MMORPGs anymore, I have a lot of other games that I want to play. ;x

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been hearing really good things about it, as far as MMORPGs go, but the monthly pay puts me off.

I bet stores sell those card things with monthly subscriptions on them, but I either keep forgetting, or don't care enough to want to investigate further. I also feel like I don't really want to invest a whole lot of time in MMORPGs anymore, I have a lot of other games that I want to play. ;x
I don't think they sell CoH/V cards per say, but you can use any NCSoft time card to pay for the game. Or you can pay online, which is what I did.

Just for the record, this isn't a game you have to play every single day to get anywhere. They've made leveling easy, and if you join a Super Group (Think Justice League and The Avengers), there will always be someone your level or higher willing to help you out or team up with. If you're feeling charitable, you can pick someone a few levels below you and sidekick them, temporarily raising their level. The problem is you'll realize how much potential your character has at some point, and you'll play for extended periods of time to reach that potential.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do they accept Paypal? Do you have to pay each successive month, or can you take a break in between payments? You said you got banned once you stopped paying, so I'm thinking it requires continued monthly payments for the subscription.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do they accept Paypal? Do you have to pay each successive month, or can you take a break in between payments? You said you got banned once you stopped paying, so I'm thinking it requires continued monthly payments for the subscription.
I don't know about paypal, but they take debit and credit cards. You can choose to pay for one month, 3 months, 6 months, etc. If at any time you want to quit, just cancel the account. If you want to play again, reactivate the account and shazaam.

I got banned because they expect you to manually cancel the account. I assumed that after the time I had paid for was up, they'd just put my account on hold until I decided to reactivate it. Instead, they tried to continue billing me, but because they weren't able to get money from me, they decided I was trying to scam some free time from them. Meanwhile, I didn't have net for a long time so that couldn't be farther from the truth. At some point I guess I'll try to get it straightened out, but I simply don't care right now.

Last edited:
The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am not finished with my school yet to get job.And no i can't afford 15$.I am living in pirate country.So...PM me. ^_^
I'm not really sure how living in a "pirate country" makes your request any more legitimate. We have a strict policy against anything to do with piracy here, and that includes asking about how to go ahead with it. As a result, we expect to see no further requests related to piracy on your part. This will be your only advisory warning on the subject.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
City of Heroes is the only mmorpg I play, even though it's only every now and then.

Jumping across buildings, flying, teleporting, blasting enemies in urban areas/offices, the costumes...It's nice break from the whole fantasy thing. BUT WAIT. Like the fantasy thing? The costume creation is so vast that you can make that too. ****, I made myself a Gundam alternative costume. And yes, you can come close to playing as a Super Saiyan.

I might just pay for a month sometime this summer to get back into it for awhile :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom