★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, so I got bored and wanted to try and make a building for the first time:

It's currently at 956 quads, pretty big for something minor like this.. I could've probably got away with 500 quads, but it's not really important to me, just something I did for fun.

Also much ♥ to Adam for helping me with everything prior to this "map" <3<3<3

Edit: I might add that I originally created this as an example to help someone out. It should've had more windows but I didn't bother adding more. :p

Last edited:
Best answers
Not really sure why your using so many segments in that mesh :p, the roof is messy aswell D:, your verts arent alligned on the roof :S. Doesn't really look like a building, it only has windows :X... go further and really try and make a city building! D:

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For a moment there i thought i was looking at the transformers logo (first pic)

Looks noce though dam :p

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol Thanks.

I decided to do more buildings and ****, this time they're using way way less polies.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I totally forgot to mention that these are DBZ buildings. XD

Last edited:
Best answers
your scale seems off with the windows :S, some are closer to each floor level, some seem like they skip several levels (so they have no windows?)

its like your making random windows without really knowing where they would be :S because according to your meshes, some floors (or quite a few floors) have windows or 1 window for multiple floors, where as other levels have no windows at all :S - get yourself a character mesh and scale your floors accordingly D: it will make them more believable as right now they aren't reading as buildings, just shapes with extruded faces :X

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont be harsh Glode, dont scare him away to teh zeq2 forums or worse, make him not model at all :'(

I like the cylinder one and the biggest one, but you got a bit lazy scaling that medium one down from it hehe

nice going, layout the streets and make a park or some urban arena type place where DBZ peeps can fight on. Overall I like \o/

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<3<3<3 thanks for the replies, guys, specially Glode ♥

Basically what I'm doing is making random DBZ buildings just for looks, none of them will be accessable (cept for the rooftops ;o). The windows, yeah, I kinda ****ed up there, specially with the box shaped building. I tried to make it where some floors would have all windows surrounding the edges, and some would only have three windows (so for example, everything but the front would have a window), but that didn't work too well.

The scaling of the windows, yeah, I ****ed up there, too. Instead of doing it properly, I duplicated the bottom part of the building and just kept duplicating up without taking the time to make sure they were all properly placed.

But in this case I'm redoing the buildings and have two done so far. The windows should now be properly scaled, too. :p

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there fantastic keep it up dude you might just make an epic map epic for esf the way you are going ps i know epic is overused but i like what your doing

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dam the square building could still use a toutchup on the floor scaling. Seems like its Krillin scale if you get the idea ^^;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
again i'm not making any reference to DBZ buildings but from an architectural standing it might be worth arranging your floor windows in such a way that the ground floor and subsequently the access are windowed. the way it is now you wont get that delicious lux until your a floor or more up, possibly throw in some access feature poking out just to break the symmetry?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom