Chrono Trigger Vs. Final Fantasy VI (Specifically VI) and the Best RPG you've played

In your opinion, which of these games is superior?

• Total voters
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Edit- Somehow I didn't notice the other, similar thread, but I think this one is more specific to what I want to know personally. These two games were arguably the very best of their rank and file. The top of the top tier RPGs released on the SNES before the Playstation moved in and everybody decided that Final Fantasy VII was the first RPG that had ever graced a console. I personally found myself more emotionally involved in my FFVI characters (Terra, Shadow, etc) and enjoyed the payoff at the end more than was with Chrono Trigger, so I find FFVI to be the superior role playing game.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Also, as a side note, I'd like to throw out that as far as the best RPG I believe I've played out of all of the RPGs I've played, I'm going to give the price to Planescape: Torment. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
You know what they need to do, make a Golden Sun sequel that doesn't suck. That's what they need to do. Make a sequel as good as the first one. I'll be happy.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrono Trigger all the way.

Best answers
as much as i love FF VI(the best by a mile), i'm still gonna have to give the edge to trigger.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xenogears all the way.

Out of the two choices given, I'd go with Chrono Trigger, if only because I didn't get very far into 6. I don't understand why so many people love CT, though.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People tend to enjoy Chrono Trigger, I believe, because it's fun and colorful. The gameplay is great, the characters are entertaining, and you've got the multiple ending novelty that gives it replay. FFVI on the other hand is incredibly dark and dreary, with themes of slavery, genocide, the end of the world, and betrayal. It's awesome! It really depends on what you look for.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People tend to enjoy Chrono Trigger, I believe, because it's fun and colorful. The gameplay is great, the characters are entertaining, and you've got the multiple ending novelty that gives it replay. FFVI on the other hand is incredibly dark and dreary, with themes of slavery, genocide, the end of the world, and betrayal. It's awesome! It really depends on what you look for.
lolled. thanks.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Actually Chrono trigger got the same themes. The dark ages time, slavery, end of the world, (Lavos) betrayal I don't remember so good but I think there was something.

Although im not sure if chrono trigger had more emphasize on that than FFVI, you will have to tell me, so tell me porfabor.(please)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Actually Chrono trigger got the same themes. The dark ages time, slavery, end of the world, (Lavos) betrayal I don't remember so good but I think there was something.

Although im not sure if chrono trigger had more emphasize on that than FFVI, you will have to tell me, so tell me porfabor.(please)
Por favor but nice try.

I guess I'd have to go with Crono Trigger simply because it was more entertaining and not as serious, and it had more than one ending.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I like CT and FF6 equally, I like FF7 best

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom