Chrono Trigger Crimson Echoes

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So most of you probably heard it.

It is a Chrono Trigger super nintendo rom hack that created a fanmade sequel to the game. It bridges Chrono cross and Chrono Trigger (I played both)

It is pretty fun I might add, sometimes I forget its fanmade (except for some moments where Crono talks ^_^)

The game got a Cease and Desist at 98% from the dreadful Square-Enix, but it was leaked non the less. You need a S-NES Emulator to play.

Have anyone else tried it? It is pretty fun, I think im about 50% thru and it is said that total game time is like 30 hours!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, I had not heard of this. It got shut down though? This is one of the things I believe companies should not have power over is stuff that won't effect their income.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, I had not heard of this. It got shut down though? This is one of the things I believe companies should not have power over is stuff that won't effect their income.
Stuff like this INCREASES their income.

Fan made products generate interest in the main product.

There was a 3D Remake of Chrono Trigger being made, looked quite nice...got shut down...

http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/

[video=youtube_share;n33lSRN92EU]http://youtu.be/n33lSRN92EU[/video]

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The issue is that if they allowed it to release, they would then have to work to make a sequel, They shut down resurrection and a few years later announced the port to the ds. Why let no names remake their game in 3d, when they can do minimal work porting it to another console and charge for it like a new game?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
DS is not a remake, its a port for me. remake is update graphics and shit. But hey, Crimson Echoes is the exact same quality as the original CT, I don't want a remake, I want a true offical sequel, I want to continue the plot and tie it to chrono cross.

For now a bunch of talented fans are doing it for me, but I still want to see how the original creator intended it to be...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is what bothers me most about Square Enix... No Fan support anymore. Square Soft was all about the fans. Square Enix... All about the Money. Which that could be said about almost all Game Developers these days... Capcom did the same.... Look at Mega Man....

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
DS is not a remake, its a port for me. remake is update graphics and shit. But hey, Crimson Echoes is the exact same quality as the original CT, I don't want a remake, I want a true offical sequel, I want to continue the plot and tie it to chrono cross.

For now a bunch of talented fans are doing it for me, but I still want to see how the original creator intended it to be...
A port would be just that, a port of an old game to a new system. They DID add a new dungeon to the game, so to call it a port wouldn't be 100% accurate either. That being said, I never called it a remake, nor did MK, he was talking about Resurrection being a remake.

This is what bothers me most about Square Enix... No Fan support anymore. Square Soft was all about the fans. Square Enix... All about the Money. Which that could be said about almost all Game Developers these days... Capcom did the same.... Look at Mega Man....
Don't even have to look that far. Just look at SF4. Console users had to pay 15$ a pop for 4 outfits, meaning that there were 'packs' of 4 outfits for characters, for a 100kb unlock code. They made them pay for something that was ALREADY on the disc, that they paid 60 for to begin with.

They stripped the DLC out of RE5 to before launch and sold both of them in packs as well, even though they were ready when the game was about to go gold.

No longer is it about creating amazing worlds and stories. It's about who can make their game look more like real life (which isn't ALWAYS a bad thing, but it's getting laughably bad how many there are now), have the most uninspired story, and the ending $ figure. It truly is a sad time in gaming history.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It really is... I mean.. It's getting worse and worse... I guess I can understand the whole thing about not wanting used copies of games sold... but even that is... just a bit extreme.... No matter what... The New game is going to sell like crazy if it is hyped up good enough and it is a good game. It will lose sales and people will just borrow it from a friend... Not anymore... they are Bind on Console now....

I mean... Yea Capcom was pretty crazy back on the SNES but I can understand why back then... It wasn't as easy as it is now to just send them through a digital download.... Now I look at it and EA and many others Charge you $10 if you buy a used copy of the game to play online.... Greed is one thing that is ruining that gaming industry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom