Chrono Cross

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The sequel to Chrono Trigger, one of the greatest RPGs to hit the Nintendo besides Super Mario RPG. In it, you play as Serge, the silent protagonist, who is thrust into a parallel world where he died under mysterious circumstances over a decade ago.

Hands down, the best RPG ever created...... ever. 40 characters, no gaining experience just stat points, avoid enemies and run from any fight in the game, get countless materials to forge weapons and armor and a stamina based fighting system which allows you to attack multiple times and cast magic all in one turn of a character.

Anyone agree or disagree?

Note: Oh and one last thing...... best ****ing music a video game has ever had.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadly I never got the chance to play it, but I hear its pretty much the greatest game ever. And yeah the dude who did the music for those games is a god.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've played it once, on an emulator, but couldn't get it to work properly.

I liked what I saw.

I'm pretty sure it's impossible to find nowadays, if I wanted to buy it. Dx

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Chrono Trigger / Chrono Cross are awesome games, but I never had the chance to finish the PSx version of it though. I was stuck at a place, and the FAQ couldn't help me out. Quite a shame, but I also don't wish to re-play it. lately, I rather want to play RPG games that has a Free walking system in it, rather than round games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chrono Trigger was much better.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I remember the whole GBA/Snes story though (Forgot for which console the first version was), awesome story and I believe a bit sad ending as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sky, Chrono Trigger was the SNES RPG, Chrono Cross was the 'sequel' for PSX.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sky, Chrono Trigger was the SNES RPG, Chrono Cross was the 'sequel' for PSX.
I know CC was for the PSx, but I forgot CT was for the GBA or the SNES. Either way, both games were awesome, imo. Perhaps I should start playing the PSx version again, as I never finished it.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I loved Chrono Trigger, but i never got to play Chrono Cross because ,even if i wanted to buy the game, it's nowhere to be found. Not even downloadable versions :D

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I loved Chrono Trigger, but i never got to play Chrono Cross because ,even if i wanted to buy the game, it's nowhere to be found. Not even downloadable versions :D
Funny, I found it within 5sec :p.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda prefer the Grandia fighting system overall compared to CT or CC ^^

That reminds me. I still have to kick Lavos in hus prehistoric gigantic nuts.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
As far as I know, someone attempted to re-create Chrono Trigger/Chross for the pc, but the makers of the game stopped them. Which I find honestly really disappointing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I knew about that project. But I think they were trying to recreate it in 3D for the Gamecube.

It's a shame though, it looked pretty promising.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hehehehe i have chrono cross

also got the very rare now final fantasy chronicles (ff5 and crono trigger w/ cut scenes) and final fantasy anthology (ff4 and ff6 w/ cut scenes)

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I, too, have a copy of FF Chronicles (I wanted CT and FF4 very badly, so it was an ideal purchase). I up and got it the day it came out; I did likewise with Chrono Cross (I pre-ordered it from EBGames and got a CC-themed desk clock out of it =P).

I remember checking Square's site every couple of days for more information on how the Tech system would work in Chrono Cross and for as many parallels with CT as possible.

I will agree with Kidboy - CC is one hell of an RPG. I greatly enjoyed it and, to this date, still have not gone through it the requisite 3 times in order to secure every character (shame on me). It's disappointing to hear that it's incredibly difficult to come by (legitimately) anymore. I remember being disappointed in seeing how poorly it sold in the months (and couple of years) after I had bought it.

Just out of curiosity, who was in everyone's party after all was said and done, and you were en-route to the game's concluding battle? I made it a priority to ensure that, along with Serge, I had Karsh. The first time through, Serge and Karsh were accompanied by Starky. The second time through, along with Serge and Karsh, I believe I opted to bring Glenn along for the ride (lots of green on the field for me). Other characters that I used a lot, but didn't make it through to the last few hours of the game were such marvels as Grobyc, Norris, Nikki, NeoFio, and Guile. I suppose I used Kid a fair bit earlier on in the game, but, for whatever reason, never really ended up using her later on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think my sisters baby daddy has a copy. I'll ask my nephew to steal it from him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, a team of people were re-creating the entire game for the PC.
Really? I thought it was for Gamecube.

Or maybe we're not talking about the same project.

Either way..

I've never finished Chrono Trigger, sadly.

I got very far, though. I'm passed the part where my Crono dies and is later resurrected by the Chrono Trigger. I'm working on getting through this huge flying fortress in the sky, but the enemies are a bit too strong for me. ;x At this point, I kinda lost interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom