Chrome Hounds

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's from From Software, the same guys who also make Armored Core.

Me? I prefer Armored Core.

Chromehounds' mechs look too 'low-tech' for my likes. o:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you havent had that kind of control in any armored core game though.

i prefer the look of the "AC's" my self too, but face it man, the controls in AC just ... arent up to par, this game actually looks like more of a shooting game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the AC controls need some improvement. Aside from OB and EO functions, it's been practically identical to the very first AC game's controls. <_<; It doesn't even support true analog control. Oh, you can use the sticks - but pushing them more or less always gets the same running speed.

Anyway.. I do admit that, gameplay wise, Chromehounds looks interesting, but mech design is an important factor in determining whether or not I want to play a game. I just don't like the Chromehound mechs. They're like a cross between MechWarrior mechs and a walking scrapheap, IMO. <_<;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea .... the designs looked confusing as hell, but they sort of remind me of the oldschool, mechcommander one mechs... but like made of scraps. silly germans / asian... rebel dudes

edit, now that i looked through the like 180 screenshots, some of the non urban enviornments looked kind of bland. its probobly just gamespots ****ty screenshots though.

Best answers
Im gonna make this pretty clear, this games story mode, literally put me to sleep, i was tired to begin with but this games story mode was like someone was singing me a lullaby.

However, i went online, i am pretty much hooked on that game, whether it be the co-op modes to earn money and customize your mech, the death matches, or team death matches etc, the game is just downright fun.

It is hilarious when the map is changed to a night map and people forget the nightvision, the only way to see is to turn on your light but it will make you exposed, or you can cause a torrent of explosions that give you light etc.

The place this game truly shines however is the customization mode.

They say on the back literally millions of custimization options! I didn't believe it, till i found the decal system, o my my my, i loveee the decal system. Nothing more then making your mech look flashy but honestly, a giant mech with tank treads, 4 giant cannons and a missle launcher toting around a daisy flower? Priceless.

IF you are going to get this game i suggest having xbox live, cause the story mode is just ug, however if you want some of the pieces for mechs you have to finish it, i hate this games story mode i can't stress it enough lol.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey mog whats your xbox live handle?

i've still been looking for a descent squad, but each one i get into i cant get anyone to play a match with me. i'm a sergeant.

i have just been sitting in my own squads so i can have as many shots at special parts as i want :O

my xbox live thing is Bboy Arie, add me or sometihng if you wanna play.

Best answers
My tag is Kashra021

I run in the F.E.A.R Squad, it is a good squad the people are awesome we know what we are doing, and we use tactics =), plus i got rid of our sad emblem and redid it, hopefully the squad leader keeps it =P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom