Christina Aguilera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
This is still a "Work In Progress" so bare with me. Im looking for a very good grunge font so if you have one please PM me or you can contact me on AIM.

[image removed until given credit: Wesley Gibson]

Im a newbie with grunge so dont hate on me or tell me how this style is over used etc. Anyway, Im open to ALL suggestions and comments so enjoy.

*Edit*
The fonts I have at the moment wont be there in the end obviously, But they are there no more then a placement holder so you have a idea of where my fonts will be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the angle jittered line is ugly and the typo is crap

other than that nice job

Best answers
Dask said:
the angle jittered line is ugly and the typo is crap

other than that nice job
Do you happen to know where I can download a good grunge font? I went through a tutorial for grunge effect text but it obviously didnt come out right, I did it correctly with black but it doesnt work with white.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get fonts from dafont.com They have pretty good ones in stock. :\

Best answers
Unknown// said:
You can get fonts from dafont.com They have pretty good ones in stock. :\
That website is down at the moment, Or it could just be me but I belive its down.

Best answers
IF you feel you must use "grunge" effects, you should cut up Courier. That seems to be all the rage with the youngin's these days. Christina doesn't really strike me as a Courier type of girl though. That font's not really pretentious enough. I think you need something that plays up the different facets of her character.

Another thing, making your name the same size as hers makes you seem like an ego-maniac. A tiny, legible signature is more than adequate.

Best answers
MrDomino said:
Another thing, making your name the same size as hers makes you seem like an ego-maniac. A tiny, legible signature is more than adequate.
Um, Whatever you say dude you havent the slightest clue about me nor do am I a "ego-maniac", And why do people think that because someone does grunge they have rage, grunge is a style and people like to do it, Just like people like doing tech. And why do you think because people do grunge they are young? You obviously havent been to grunge sites where they have grown men around 25+ do grunge as there main style, That is just a understatement. Anyway...

I have updated my first post with a bit better text, I found a few things I will be fixing in the after work tommorrow so stay tuned for the final version.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MrDomino said:
That's gotta be the weirdest thing I've ever heard, yet wtf, it's true o_O

GreenArrow said:
grown men around 25+ do grunge as there main style
Interesting philosphy on grunge........................................

typo still sux

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah dommino's right, by making ur name the same size as hers, ur seeking the attention u want to bring to the fact its christina, so instead of this being a piece of art about christina, its yelling out, "look at who did it" thats what makes it seem like an inflated ego, because it seems like u are asking for as much attention as the peice itself.

I think people jus dont understand mr dommino, however his crits are always spot on imo, he seems like a very experienced artist, jus cuz people need things told to them in lamens terms doesnt mean he isnt right, he always provide quite clear crits and is spot an as i said.

Anyway it looks nice, but its a little dark, i'd contrast the colours the light and dark a bit more, pick out the highlighs on her skin and trousers and it should look a lot better imo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it looks nice, but to dark if u ask me..
the green arrow overthere doesnt realy fit

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bad...very bad....2/10 wanna know why? complety using tutorials sucks, the idea of using this tutorial is fine with me, but even using the same picture and copying everything, without adding a personal touch (except the text)....bah, just copying tutorials suck

http://greycobra.com/tutorials/23/

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not my taste. i find it extraodinary ugly.

Its like someone spilled a pot of ink on the poor girl, or even mud.

But everybody their own taste.

Best answers
http://greycobra.com/tutorials/23/

It looks like you ripped this and added some more effects to it that I can see. Please put proper credits on to where you got the tutorials from, if you dont you will recieve and warning for ripping.

Best answers
He didn't "rip" it, he simply used a tutorial to make it. I have never heard of someone ripping work from a tutorial that teaches you how to make that exact same art.

Best answers
EricW said:
He didn't "rip" it, he simply used a tutorial to make it. I have never heard of someone ripping work from a tutorial that teaches you how to make that exact same art.
As I said its ripping if he dosnt post a link to the tutorial he got it from. Somone else made that exact image, used the same effect and text and hes claiming he made it, which he didnt.

He DID make that one though but still needs to credit the person who orginaly made it.

Best answers
Oh ok, sorry I didn't realize that.

Now for my crits, you should follow the tutorial image and kinda lighten up on that grunge effect over her, it's ok around the edges but when the effect starts covering the main prospect of the image it pretty much ruins it.

Best answers
Here's a question for you Wesley: did you get written permission from the original artist to use the copyrighted characters in your sig and avatar?

Best answers
Wesley Gibson said:
As I said its ripping if he dosnt post a link to the tutorial he got it from. Somone else made that exact image, used the same effect and text and hes claiming he made it, which he didnt.

He DID make that one though but still needs to credit the person who orginaly made it.
Actually I didnt rip anything but the poster which is downloadable, So there for nothing I have done is ripped and the text isnt even the same. Know the facts before posting my friend because you have no idea on wtf you are talking about. And yes it is a tutorial, And I didnt say I didnt use one to make this, I just said here is a WIP peice.

Also why would I post a link to the tutorial? Thats like saying wesley post the link that you got your images from.

MrDomino said:
Here's a question for you Wesley: did you get written permission from the original artist to use the copyrighted characters in your sig and avatar?
Id like to know this as well, He is obviously trying to prove a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom