Chinese Man Kills American Day of Opening Ceremonies

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This just went in my inbox. Apparently, two Americans, family members of a coach for the U.S. Olympic men’s indoor volleyball team, were attacked by an unknown Chinese man on the opening day of competition at the Games. The Chinese man killed one of the Americans, before committing suicide shortly after.
The Beijing Municipal Government says the attack happened in downtown Beijing at noon on Saturday. Officials issued a statement saying the 47-year-old attacker, Tang Yongming, also injured an American woman and her Chinese tourist guide. The attack took place on the second level of the Drum Tower, a popular tourist attraction in north Beijing, all of this while the Olympics opening ceremony was in full swing, with fireworks and beautiful displays of choreography. Tang threw himself from the ancient monument used to tell time centuries ago.
“Our priority in this hour is to attend to the needs of the family members, the U.S. Olympic men’s indoor volleyball team and staff, and the entire U.S. Olympic delegation,” the USOC said in a statement. “In addition, the USOC is working closely with the United States Embassy, United States law enforcement authorities and local law enforcement authorities.”
U.S. Embassy spokesman Richard Buangan said it was “aware of the reports of the accidents suffered by two American citizens, we are working with the Chinese authorities to find out more on the cause of the incident.” He declined to comment further, but said U.S. officials were in contact with relatives of the two Americans who are in Beijing.
http://www.2008beijingolimpics.com/the-olympics/shocking-news-american-killed-by-chinese-man/

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They were too busy cracking down on dissidents and american reporters to stop simple street crimes.

Classic.

/sarcasm

That's truly terrible, and my heart goes out to the family of the Coach.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
China pulls off an awesome opening ceremony and this happens. I know those in charge must be pissed off.

But what the ****? You go to the Olympics, a very special event that takes place every four years, and a family member dies from some crazy Chinese guy who proceeded to kill himself. Terrible.

Best answers
An assassin maybe/jk? Oh man...What the hell was the reason behind his actions? What was he thinking?
Sad thing indeed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sounded like it was just a random act of violence since there was no way to know who those people were.

Best answers
Maybe that Coach would end up helping to great something horrible that would enslave the world in the later future, so they decided to send some Chinese guy back in time to kill him and then kill himself to get rid of the evidence. :eek:

Best answers
Maybe that Coach would end up helping to great something horrible that would enslave the world in the later future, so they decided to send some Chinese guy back in time to kill him and then kill himself to get rid of the evidence. :eek:
Lol, that ain't possible since he was identified xD

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I hate seriously hate human beings. That's all I can really say, everything else I'm feeling has already been said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom