ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the M Lancer more but it's your call. ^^

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only bad thing about the Lancer is its Automatic...

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Automatics arent that bad these days, especially if youre not venturing out of the inner city. Nothing worse than traffic that wont let you get past 2nd. My gf's '94 Suzuki Swift can still out-accelerate almost anything and that auto-computer is over a decade old. The downside of autos is the cost of repairing transmission, which lets face it, would be from your own abuse anyway.

Unless you are pulling large loads, going out bush, or are just a hooning rev head who doesnt know where the track ends and the road begins, an auto will suffice.

Go with whatever suits your needs first - where youll be driving, what youll drive it for, what you need to take with you, fuel efficiency etc - then go with your tastes - how it looks, comfort, handling, upgrades, bling etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What year is the Camaro from?

I own a '78 Camaro and I can without a doubt say that it's the single best thing I have ever bought in my life.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Best vehicle ever. It doesn't pollute and it's good for you :p
There's a difference in speed though...and it will not get you as far as a car.

I would have to say, a true car enthousiast buys a manual car, not automatic. Then again I'd have to say, I am not really to fond of American cars either. So get the EVO.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the Camaro is from 85' and Yea the EVO is a pretty beasty car.

Its going to be tough.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mid 80's Camaro's aren't that cool to be honest.

And Sicron, that's what I thought... until I bought my Camaro. Never drove Automatic before that and I have to say, it's effing amazing. The kickdown on a rear wheel drive car with 300 BHP makes everyone in the street turn their head.

This IS the Netherlands and there aren't that many cars like mine 'round here, the sound of a real V8 is like music to any musclecar fanatic. It's beautiful.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive never driven automatic b4 so manual for me, also any car that doesnt drink too much

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
-orgin what the heck r u? i would kill for that camaro of urs give us some pics -_-' tho it eats galons with same speed as normal car liters

btw. i hate automatic it was invented for not very smart americans who don't udnerestand gears conept and it reduces fun of driving car to pressing gass. You allways get to know with your car by gearbox.

I wouldn't also take 85 camaro :O they r rly ugly

if u don't have other choice i would go with evo despite this ugly gearbox it should be way better performing car and also newer.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers

I say get this.
0-60 in 4 seconds
135 miles to the gallon

You're welcome.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mid 80's Camaro's aren't that cool to be honest.

And Sicron, that's what I thought... until I bought my Camaro. Never drove Automatic before that and I have to say, it's effing amazing. The kickdown on a rear wheel drive car with 300 BHP makes everyone in the street turn their head.

This IS the Netherlands and there aren't that many cars like mine 'round here, the sound of a real V8 is like music to any musclecar fanatic. It's beautiful.
Personally, I am not too fond of American V8's, yes there is a difference in sound between cars, but they don't have that OOMPH you have with European cars. For example, check out the Ferrari F430, amaaazing sound. And particulary my favorite, even though it does sound more American, the Alfa Romeo 8C, that engine noise...nursing a semi just by hearing it in the distance.

Then again, I am really a fan of 6 cylinder engines, or 12 cylinder engines. My brother owned a BMW M3 (E46, 350 BHP, 6-in-line) and the induction sound that car made, few super cars come even close to that sound and damn what was that an awesome car to drive, it could even go trough a corner! Then there are the Alfa Romeo V6 engines, the older ones (Alfa 156 GTA, 147 GTA, GTV 3.0 V6 etc.)...they sound so goddamn powerful, you'd be thinking you are driving a 12 cylinder engine.

I guess my main problem with American cars is the simplicity of the engine. Not too long ago I was watching some program, and then these American's were bragging about how their 7.6L V8 produced 350 BHP and a gazillion pound-foot of torque. And then I remembered that the F430 has a 4.3L V8 producing 490BHP and redlines at a ****ing amazing 8500 RPM (And even more for the Scuderia version), nearly half the liters and A LOT more power. Now, comparing the V8 with a Ferarri supercar V8 is unfair.

Still, same goes for the BMW M5 V10 (5L V10, producing 507 BHP and redlining at 8300 RPM) against for example the Dodge Viper V10 (8.4L V10 producing 600 BHP and redlining at 6000 RPM), 3.4 liters of extra power only producing an extra 100 BHP? Hell, the M5 can get an extra 50 BHP just by chiptuning the thing.

Heh, I guess I am just biased at European cars. :p

Force Pit Member
Best answers
-orgin what the heck r u? i would kill for that camaro of urs give us some pics -_-' tho it eats galons with same speed as normal car liters

btw. i hate automatic it was invented for not very smart americans who don't udnerestand gears conept and it reduces fun of driving car to pressing gass. You allways get to know with your car by gearbox.

I wouldn't also take 85 camaro :O they r rly ugly

if u don't have other choice i would go with evo despite this ugly gearbox it should be way better performing car and also newer.
Yyyyup. Only American's drive automatics. True story.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, but there is definitly a difference with other countries. Sure we have automatics too here, but like...80% of the people in the Netherlands have a manual, 5% drives Semi Automatics (Flappy paddle gearboxes, which are basicaly manual gearboxes with an automated clutch) and the other 15%(maybe even less, of all the people I know, none has an automatic) drives automatic.

And a lot of Americans drive automatic...especially women. I love watching youtube movies of women failling to drive a manual car. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom