Cheating proof by testing.

Best answers
Time and time again ive seen excellent skills in ESF and most of which ive assumed are just that , skills. I did some testing a while back for several months to find out what possibilities there are for cheating , I needed to find out of such great skill really does exist. I no longer play ESF and never used the cheating in games with other players , however , i did extensive bot testing.. In this case the fact that i was using bots didnt matter. I found a counter-strike/natural selection cheating program , which shall remain un-named to prevent people from using it. The aimbot and targetting worked with ESF. I had to have the targetting select everyone but it still locked on to targets until i fell behind a mountain or something solid. Melee became extremely easy and i have no doubt that if used by someone frequently enough they could compare to the non cheaters. I want you to know before suggesting that i think this will bring about cheaters or just increase the amount of them , that i DO NOT endorse cheating/hacking/scripting in any way or form. I am posting this to make sure everyone knows that cheating can be done and probably is being done. Once again , please do not go looking for any such cheat or anything but instead know that you may not always be getting killed by someone with great skill , instead a cheating program. As far as what i hope the ESF team gets out of my post is this , you might know already that cheats such as these do work but i hope that if you didnt you make sure to test this for yourselves and find a way to prevent it. VAC (Valve anti cheat) Takes care of this pretty well , the newest version of it works excellent.

Thank you for reading my post and Good game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course there are aimbots for ESF. There are for every half-life mod. It's just how the engine works. There is no way to stop it without taking action against it, such as with VAC (which in itself is flimsy.)

While I'm here, I'd like to dispell a rumor that might have been going around. Abe Froman (or someone impersonating him, I can't really be sure) has been going around various servers and calling anyone who is better than him a 'blatant cheater' and using aimbots and _special commands to be 'unblockable.' He has repeatedly insisted that all of the ::Z:: clan does this. I would like to give out a big **** YOU to him or whoever. I certainly don't cheat, and while I can't speak for everyone in ::Z::, I can faithfully say that I do not believe anyone in ::Z:: is a cheater since I can hold my own against all of them when I'm playing well, and since I'm not cheating, they aren't either. Also, people that do cheat, i.e. Devil (~), pull off some crazy **** that just doesn't 'feel' right. I can tell when someone is aimbotting against me. It's pretty obvious.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
with the new 2.3 sdk spec mode, you will be able to easily tell if someone is cheating...go into 1st person view with them and watch, does their crosshair "jump" automaticly to people they arnt even looking at? does it follow the enemy perfectly? its that easy with the new sdk spec mode...and with adminmod it will be easy to ban cheaters!

Best answers
2 Hit Combo..

The number of actual cheaters is so small that it's not really worth noting. I actually thank people when they say I'm cheating. That means that I'm so ridiculously better than them, that the only way they can fathom the amount of ass handling I deal to them is through going beyong the means of a normal human being. What better flattery is there than that? Not to say I'm great or anything, but it's funny when people say I cheat.

Best answers
I simply can't wait for the new spec mode, not only for cheat detection but for gameplay tips as well :)

*looks through Optional's eyes as he kicks my *ss"

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol abe, it takes alot more than watching...i predict in my head where you gonna go :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. All the "official" ESF servers should have some kind of anti-cheat program.(VAC) Cheating isn't that big in ESF "yet." So I think we should start preventing hackers/cheaters.

*Btw, have a warning sign while connecting to a server, letting them know that the server is protected with and anti-cheat.

Best answers
Well guys u know what there is kinda of a anti cheat thing. I think this should go on EVERY server there is. I give credit to Mr. Satan due to on his server he has a program where u can look through the eyes of which ever player u choose. It lets u look in 1st person on that person u choose. So therefore u can tell if someone is cheating or not. So if u dont want to face cheaters u might wanna dl that script for adminmod or amxmod seems to be popular. So u can do that. I might wanna say this to the ESF Team while ur still working on 1.2 u might wanna do this on the side for the esf public servers. I dont kow what its called. So u might wanna ask Mr. Satan where to get it. So that is my proposal. Ty for ur time. :] :yes:

Best answers
HL Guard works pretty well, I'd suggest that. There was also a cheatingdeath program can protect by blocking the cheats themselves before the player joins the server.

Best answers
I agree with GMan and yes it was Abe Froman goin around servers crying hacker. He did it so much to me that a lot of the regulars at PT server now think I hack.. which is aggravating. I asked that he was banned for a few days due to how he used my player name and then using Gohan's ki shield bug that crashes servers intentional.

Im gonna love this spectator thing. Its gonna be a "IN YOUR FACE" reply to those who loves to cry hacks. I know they exist and Ive seen players use them but calling some1 who kicks your arse a hacker isnt the way. Thanks for making the regulars think that I hack abe. Then again thanks for showing your true colors. Plenty of people here in the forums have battled me and either turned into a draw or a near win/lose thing if not beaten me easily. I once viewed you as a veteran, but now I can see that your just a rookie on its way.

Best answers
eh, actually there are tons of cheats (which are to remain un-named) that get passed VAC, HLGuard, CSGuard (for cs of course), and Cheating-Death. I did a little experiment a while back on cs, and i went into servers that were VAC protected, and required CD or had HLGuard or CSGuard, and all of them said i was hack-free, so really the only way is to go into their firstperson view. im not saying its good to hack, cause it ruins the experience for the rest of the gaming community.

watch ure backs when u play because there has always, and will always be hackers no matter what kind of cheat provention they come out with, or how secure the servers are.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, if people are cheating i doubt it helps much... what can aimbot do for melee? ensure a head on attack each time you swoop.. ok then i guess i'll pound you into the ground everytime you swoop at me. headons are very easy to beat. I don't beleive that cheats (if being used at all) help any becuase i haven't ever met someone i couldnt fare well against. I've fought those who are better than me, but not to the point that they are unbeatable. aimbot doesnt do anything for beams as well, since they aren't an instant attack, which still gives someone a chance to block or evade it. People that get accused of cheating are just better than the others. I've been playing for quite a while, and i've never though that somone hacked.

Best answers
vashthebattousa said:
eh, actually there are tons of cheats (which are to remain un-named) that get passed VAC, HLGuard, CSGuard (for cs of course), and Cheating-Death. I did a little experiment a while back on cs, and i went into servers that were VAC protected, and required CD or had HLGuard or CSGuard, and all of them said i was hack-free, so really the only way is to go into their firstperson view. im not saying its good to hack, cause it ruins the experience for the rest of the gaming community.

watch ure backs when u play because there has always, and will always be hackers no matter what kind of cheat provention they come out with, or how secure the servers are.
Very well put. I agree 100%. I wish there was a program where NOONE can hack through. 1 day ill invent something where noone can hack through that or the Toughest thing to hack through. Where it can take days just to get through. Ill do it. Just need some of the best hackers to create some kind of firewall where other hackers cant. I know there r some disadvantages but hey thats life.

Best answers
well the hackers would first off have to understand the dll file in the hack (since its not just a script. the ppl make the dll file with all the variables and other ****, make a readme file, maybe a config file so u can edit the cvars and then they ask u to point to ure cstrike, or hl.exe file so the hack will start when u double click the icon that comes with it), and secondly, they would need some SERIOUS knowledge of C++ since all the HL Mods are written in that language. Thirdly (man my jaw hurts) they would need a whole bunch of hackers to get onto one server to test out their hacks to see if the server does anything to them at all.

in my opinion, as i said earlier, there will never be any way to get rid of hacking

o ya, one more program i forgot to mention earlier was WWCL, i passed that too

**ADD**
heres another thing about anti-cheats, some of them bug-out. i mean sometimes they work on 1 hacker, but when a person with the same hack comes in, it cant find a hack anywhere on the harddrive(s) so really, no anti-cheat is truely 100% hack-safe so if ure that worried about hackers, u might think about not having a server at all since most servers now adays cost around 50 dollars a month, kind of a big waste of money if the hackers just come in and scare all the ppl away from ure server. same thing as flushing 50 dollar bills down the toilet

Best answers
Optional said:
lol abe, it takes alot more than watching...i predict in my head where you gonna go :p
omg optional uses the mind reading hack! he hax0red my brain!

Gman said:
Of course there are aimbots for ESF. There are for every half-life mod. It's just how the engine works. There is no way to stop it without taking action against it, such as with VAC (which in itself is flimsy.)

While I'm here, I'd like to dispell a rumor that might have been going around. Abe Froman (or someone impersonating him, I can't really be sure) has been going around various servers and calling anyone who is better than him a 'blatant cheater' and using aimbots and _special commands to be 'unblockable.' He has repeatedly insisted that all of the ::Z:: clan does this. I would like to give out a big **** YOU to him or whoever. I certainly don't cheat, and while I can't speak for everyone in ::Z::, I can faithfully say that I do not believe anyone in ::Z:: is a cheater since I can hold my own against all of them when I'm playing well, and since I'm not cheating, they aren't either. Also, people that do cheat, i.e. Devil (~), pull off some crazy **** that just doesn't 'feel' right. I can tell when someone is aimbotting against me. It's pretty obvious.
Master Asia said:
I agree with GMan and yes it was Abe Froman goin around servers crying hacker. He did it so much to me that a lot of the regulars at PT server now think I hack.. which is aggravating. I asked that he was banned for a few days due to how he used my player name and then using Gohan's ki shield bug that crashes servers intentional.

Im gonna love this spectator thing. Its gonna be a "IN YOUR FACE" reply to those who loves to cry hacks. I know they exist and Ive seen players use them but calling some1 who kicks your arse a hacker isnt the way. Thanks for making the regulars think that I hack abe. Then again thanks for showing your true colors. Plenty of people here in the forums have battled me and either turned into a draw or a near win/lose thing if not beaten me easily. I once viewed you as a veteran, but now I can see that your just a rookie on its way.
I can ASSURE you two it's an impostor. First of all, I used to be in ::Z::, great clan, great guys, I have NO ill will towards any of you. Hell, ask Optional, he beats my ass all the time and I never *****. I see the rest of the ::Z:: guys quite a bit, they never have any problem with me either.

Second, I've been over this with you Asia. Just like Gman, I can tell when someone is aimbotting me. I really didn't want to bring this to the forums because it isn't constructive, won't solve anything, and will just start flames(like now). All you or I are going to get from this is a warning or ban. Yes I think you use an aimbot OCCASIONALLY. But no, apart from just now, nobody else has heard from my mouth what my OPINION is. I don't go into games screaming "ASIA HACKS ASIA HACKS", and I didn't tell Mars (PT server admin) what I thought either.

There are the facts; you can believe me or not, but the facts won't change. Your opinion of me doesn't matter at all, so think what you want. I will not post again in this thread to prevent a flame war.

Best answers
vashthebattousa said:
well the hackers would first off have to understand the dll file in the hack (since its not just a script. the ppl make the dll file with all the variables and other ****, make a readme file, maybe a config file so u can edit the cvars and then they ask u to point to ure cstrike, or hl.exe file so the hack will start when u double click the icon that comes with it), and secondly, they would need some SERIOUS knowledge of C++ since all the HL Mods are written in that language. Thirdly (man my jaw hurts) they would need a whole bunch of hackers to get onto one server to test out their hacks to see if the server does anything to them at all.

in my opinion, as i said earlier, there will never be any way to get rid of hacking

o ya, one more program i forgot to mention earlier was WWCL, i passed that too

**ADD**
heres another thing about anti-cheats, some of them bug-out. i mean sometimes they work on 1 hacker, but when a person with the same hack comes in, it cant find a hack anywhere on the harddrive(s) so really, no anti-cheat is truely 100% hack-safe so if ure that worried about hackers, u might think about not having a server at all since most servers now adays cost around 50 dollars a month, kind of a big waste of money if the hackers just come in and scare all the ppl away from ure server. same thing as flushing 50 dollar bills down the toilet
lol yes i realize that. I said in the post b4 there will always be disadvantages but hey thats life. Anyway thats funny they way u said man my jaw hurts lol. thats hilarious. Plus i didnt understand half of what u said lol. Almost like masterbation without the pay off. eh eh?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad to hear it isn't you Abe, because ur a cool guy from what I saw before. Whats your wonID, though? I gotta be sure when I see "Abe Froman" that its you.

Best answers
NeLo said:
lol yes i realize that. I said in the post b4 there will always be disadvantages but hey thats life. Anyway thats funny they way u said man my jaw hurts lol. thats hilarious. Plus i didnt understand half of what u said lol. Almost like masterbation without the pay off. eh eh?
haha sry im really technical, what part exactly didnt u understand?

Best answers
vashthebattousa said:
haha sry im really technical, what part exactly didnt u understand?
uhh damn near all of it...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom