Cheat Protection

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Will this version have any method of a "Cheat Protection" program to come with it? Or is it possible to have VAC system on it? Or will it not work due to the modification of the HL engine, or does anyone even care about cheaters?

Also, is there a definitive way to tell if a player is cheating with an aimbot, or is it pretty just a "you watch them" sort of thing. I mean I understand the demos, and having seen a couple with aimbots on the players its pretty obvious, but is there a definitive way?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
well there is no definate way to tell if someone is cheating or not at the moment ... you can basically just guess.
i dont know if we will put in any cheat protection into 1.3 but i think its a very good idea to have VAC or CD or whatever in esf.

Best answers
Steam Forums said:
1.2) Will VAC 2 support third party mods?
To be determined.
So it's possbile that VAC2 could work with ESF, because VAC is kinda outdated to say the least.

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I contacted valve a while ago about getting VAC support. They don't yet offer it for 3rd party mods :-\

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not entirely sure what sets CD off and makes it give the "coloured models" message when it's used with ESF, but if that can be fixed, there could be some CD-required ESF servers.

Best answers
i just advise having cheat protection so we eliminate those damn noobs that hack

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can I suggest a way of abolishing the 60-arrows melee speed hack.

Have a limit to the arrows you can have in melee, realistically I don't think it's possible to be fast enough to tap in more than 20 arrows, so if there's an arrow limit it won't be so harsh if they use the hack, it'll just be a little better than if they used their hands.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the team is aware of that. I'm certain hars or joe will lick that one before 1.3 is done.

-Karrde-

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Can I suggest a way of abolishing the 60-arrows melee speed hack.

Have a limit to the arrows you can have in melee, realistically I don't think it's possible to be fast enough to tap in more than 20 arrows, so if there's an arrow limit it won't be so harsh if they use the hack, it'll just be a little better than if they used their hands.
It was decided in today's team meeting that this suggestion will be implemented shortly, thank you.

Best answers
I tried speaking to the Cheating-Death team.
i heard that the version 4.30 of Cheating-Death will contain the option to support Colored Models.
meaning that will support ESF ( i hope )
even though they told me to use HLGuard. which sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom