Charged Turbo + Short Teleports

Best answers
The idea behind a Charged Turbo is that the player intends on fighting aggressively. Swoop speeds are increased, so it's much easier to close distances with swoop. I suggest that using Turbo or a Charged Turbo at least changes Long Teleports into Short Teleports.

If you gain extra swoop speed and intend on using that swoop speed to fight with, then longer teleports become less important. On top of that, if you attack and they block, it's way more effective to have a Short Teleport to pivot around the enemy than flying or swooping.

This is the scene I picture, to give you my perspective. A player charges Turbo and attacks the opponent. They block the attack. The player then teleports to one of the sides and flies in to attack. It's faster paced and less predictable as opposed to every other method. This currently can't happen with long teleports.

This would make blocking less effective since it can be countered more easily in this manner.

When you're not using Turbo, your teleports will be longer distance and your swoop speeds will be slower. It seems to compliment that a lot better, don't you think?

I also think that players should be able to use Short Teleports while swooping. It would be a way to make the swoop speeds vary while not increasing the damage dealt.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Turbo charge is used as a speed boost and PL upgrade. It has nothing to do with teleports.

And since the speeds in 1.3 are allready faster than 1.2 your point of closer teleports is void.

Blocking isnt used often because its to easy to counter it. In 1.2 a block means you need to react fast or youll be hit from the side in less than half a second from the block. So its used rarely simply cause it can be countered. Besides due to the possibility of an anglehit the mentality went to "Why block when i can simply angle him and get the hit indstead"

Personal opinion: Short teleports are not needed nor would they enhance gameplay. They would only end up complicating things insted of keeping it simple.

Best answers
Turbo charge is used as a speed boost and PL upgrade. It has nothing to do with teleports.
That's why I'm making the suggestion. ^_^

And since the speeds in 1.3 are allready faster than 1.2 your point of closer teleports is void.
The speeds would need to vary a bit between Non-Turbo, Turbo, and charged Turbo for it to matter. If they were all relatively the same, then Short Teleports wouldn't be as useful, yes.

Using a Short Teleport to maneuver around the block still has its advantage though and would distinguish using Turbo to fight and not using it.

Blocking isnt used often because its to easy to counter it. In 1.2 a block means you need to react fast or youll be hit from the side in less than half a second from the block. So its used rarely simply cause it can be countered. Besides due to the possibility of an anglehit the mentality went to "Why block when i can simply angle him and get the hit indstead"
I did make a video that illustrated how effective blocking and flying were. It unintentionally demonstrated that flying was easy to block until teleporting was thrown into the mix. When the attacker teleported, blocking became less effective as the attacker's movements were less predictable. This was without shorter teleports mind you. If both existed, it would allow options to pivot with flying AND teleport.

This also didn't include swooping, so it could be argued that swooping as a follow-up attack is just as hard to block as teleporting. I wouldn't agree with that though.

How effective swooping is at getting around blocks... well since the other player knows where you're starting your swoop from, he can just fly or teleport away from you. He can also just stand still and follow you with the mouse.

If the attacker uses a teleport, the point of origin changes, and it becomes less clear which way the player can run. He also can't follow you with the mouse, because you instantly change locations to any direction.

When I say short teleporting, I don't mean like you move next to yourself. I mean like you move a shorter distance so you can stay closer to the other player; close enough to attack from another angle quickly.

1.2.3 is like a long teleport, imo. Half of that is a short teleport.

Shorter Teleports could consume less Ki and stamina, so charged Turbo would be less affected by a bad teleport.

Personal opinion: Short teleports are not needed nor would they enhance gameplay. They would only end up complicating things insted of keeping it simple.
They're needed if you want to create a close combat other than combos. They'd enhance game play by allowing an attacker more options to overpower the other player with.

Also consider this. The faster the swoop speeds are, the harder they are to aim and control. Do you think with a charged Turbo, assuming your speed is increased by a lot, that you'll be able to swoop to the side and attack as easily?

The other player can just sit there and hold block and follow you until you're tired. Short Teleports however would add randomness and allow the attacker to attack from any side almost instantly without having to swoop, making it more difficult to do stand-still blocking.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BUt mind you that the new melee system is made based on simple melee.

Haveing a shorter teleport means that you are at a dissadvantage after the hit.

Cause no matter what you use it results in a blowback in the end. And if you want SAM points youd best do atleast 2 to 3 hits.

Best answers
BUt mind you that the new melee system is made based on simple melee.

Haveing a shorter teleport means that you are at a dissadvantage after the hit.

Cause no matter what you use it results in a blowback in the end. And if you want SAM points youd best do atleast 2 to 3 hits.
Yeah simple melee as in swoop/flying melee, correct? That's what short teleports would compliment.

Who is at a disadvantage? The one attacking or the one defending?

If a player is using Turbo or a charged Turbo, they intend on fighting up close. They wouldn't want to run with a long distance teleport, they'd want to try to counter teleport and attack.

The attacker would want something that allowed him to maneuver quickly to the side around the block, so that'd help him. So maybe explain the disadvantage part so I know what you mean.

It sounds to me like you have one instance of melee outcome in mind, so paint me a picture and we'll go from there. Or maybe blocking results in a knock back, and I'm unaware of that. Anyway I'll wait for your response first.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simple.

We modified the blowback. It is now no longer possible to simply swoop after the guy you hit and catch him. You need to use teleport for a second hit. A shorter teleport distance would end up as a dissadvantage for the attacker. Namely heed need to use up more teleports to catch him leaving him with little KI and maybe even additional stamina drain.

Best answers
Simple.

We modified the blowback. It is now no longer possible to simply swoop after the guy you hit and catch him. You need to use teleport for a second hit. A shorter teleport distance would end up as a dissadvantage for the attacker. Namely heed need to use up more teleports to catch him leaving him with little KI and maybe even additional stamina drain.
I see I see. But aren't there variances on how far you knock someone back?

The closer you are when initiating the swoop, the faster the swoop speed will be on contact. So a knock back from a faster swoop will knock them farther away.

If you hit them when you're standing still though, you can still swoop to hit them, right?

Or if you hit them towards the end of your swoop, there will be less knock back, so it'd then be easier to follow up?

I think if you could use short teleporting while swooping it might not be so bad. You could cover more distance without increasing swoop speeds. The cooldown could be lessened as well. Holding the Teleport key could keep spamming it until you let it go so easy mastery wouldnt only be available to scripters.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You forget that you drop out of swoop the moment you hit someone.

Best answers
You forget that you drop out of swoop the moment you hit someone.
No I definitely didn't forget that. What about it?

EDIT (re-edited to simplify response)
Is there a delay on using swoop after you attack someone with it?

All the more reason why a Short Teleport would be useful, as the attacker and defender both have chances after a Block to Teleport to the side and attack. This makes a quick follow-up hit from either person possible after blocks, so blocking isn't constantly avoiding combat. Currently if you swoop into someone and they block, a teleport will send you farther away from them, making a follow-up with it impossible.

You could also make it so Blocking has that same delay on swooping, assuming that's the case. If you block, you can't swoop for 1 second. This encourages a close fight as a result. If both players had Turbo and shorter teleports and neither could escape with swoop, then they would need to use flying and short teleports temporarily to follow-up on attacks.

Also assuming both players have Turbo on, if one player keeps blocking and never counter attacks, then he won't be able to ever swoop away. The attacker can keep circling him and pounding on him. Whoever lands the first hit has the option to pursue or create distance.

The player's only way to escape would be to either use Short Teleports and then swoop away, or turn off Turbo and use a Long Teleport to create distance. If they use teleports to escape with Turbo, they're more vulnerable to a follow-up attack. If they turn it off and use a long teleport, they're less vulnerable, but they lose their offensive edge.

Last point to make. If P1 Turbo attacks P2 Non-Turbo and P2 blocks, then P2 can't counter attack with a Short Teleport. Only P1 can. This adds to the whole concepts behind Non-Turbo being Defensive.

Check the second half of the SSJ Goku vs Cell fight to see the best display and use of Short Teleporting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom