Charged Finger Lazer

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I was just thinking that Frieza should get a charged Finger Lazer, that loops untill his powerlevel runs out. I have no idea if this is unbalanced or not, but it would be pretty cool to see a charged Finger Lazer.

nge

Best answers
You mean the ability to power up the fingerlaser?

This would either be far too overpowered, or remove the best feature of fingerlaser.

If it were chargeable and instant, it would become an all or nothing cannon. If it replaced the current left click to shoot with a charge meter, you'd lose the element of instant damage, and your opponent could react to a charging animation.

However, this does bring up an interesting prospect. Rather than right clicking to fire a volley of attacks, perhaps a meter that charges at the same speed as a generic beam could be brought up. This would be the charge for fingerlaser; it would have a much higher ki cost than a generic beam, but have the same damage/explosion radius as one, AND be instant once released. This could remove the potentially abusive throw/laser combo, AND give him an interesting/unique attack.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how about, left click = charge (only small) right click = rapid fire

I think removing/altering throw will definately end that abuse =\ no need to tamper with fingerlaser

nge

Best answers
Well, I'm against removing the left click; it's far more useful in a fight than the right click, throwing aside.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never seem to get anyone with left click ever :x imo right click is more useful, it can usually be pulled it off after most double hits and it doesnt deplete energy so fast. Actually if you're good at ki management you can replace all the times you use ki blasts with finger beam. Plus i'd really hate rapid fire to be removed, maybe damage dulled down but definately not removed. Essentially left click charge at the pace of generic beam would be fine as long as the cool down time was removed.

nge

Best answers
Eh, I'd hate to see left click removed. It's insanely powerful considering it is instant, yet requires skill and aim to use effectivly.

Indeed, there are players who prefer to use his right click, and those who prefer to use his left. Perhaps FL is better left alone? I'm just trying to work in this guys idea.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, i know what u mean... i dont think there is much need for a charge seeming as its such a hit or miss move... it might even get abused if it was, u just have to sit there half way across the map, charge to full and wait for somebody to stand still for a second... i dunno :x

Best answers
i see Maybe you wouldnt have to remove either... Instead treat the rapid fire like the renzoku attack and power it up for how long the rapid fire would shoot?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
$sj Goku said:
i see Maybe you wouldnt have to remove either... Instead treat the rapid fire like the renzoku attack and power it up for how long the rapid fire would shoot?
or no.

I was thinking that there could be a certain time limit for the charged Lazers, there's five seconfds, and you repeadily shoot the lasers. If you run out of PL, you stop firing finger lazers

nge

Best answers
Well that'd be a good way to turn fingerlaser's alternate into something no one uses.

It has to keep its instant damage aspect- fireing 5 lasers in succesion can already be done without implimenting a charge bar, and it just nerfs the crap out've it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Well that'd be a good way to turn fingerlaser's alternate into something no one uses.

It has to keep its instant damage aspect- fireing 5 lasers in succesion can already be done without implimenting a charge bar, and it just nerfs the crap out've it.
Um, I don't recall saying 5 lazers .........................

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well here it kind of makes sense for a renzoku-use attack, renzokus useless because its just a normal moving ki attack

nge

Best answers
But why charge it up? It's already got more control the way it is.

Best answers
I think the charge up finger lazer blast for left click would be better then wat it is now cuz the left click finger lazer right now dont do ****!!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Well, I'm not asking whether you like it. I'm just suggesting it if the team likes it or not.

nge

Best answers
I'm not stating if I like it or not. It's got no practical reason to be implemented like that; charging for damage has some possible merit, but would need to be tweaked.

Right now it is currently better than charging for rapid fire, as you have rapid fire without the charge already available to you.

Best answers
nge said:
I think it should be charged because it does way too much dmg :/... i mean.. seriously it should take some time to powerup.. like maybe 80% of the time it takes to powerup a gen ball would do...

in the show frieza doesn't just instnaly shoot it out of his finger he powers a shiny purple ball on the tip of his finger then shoots it

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy in the show hes just showing off >.>

If i remember correctly hes saying something in the lines of "Who will it hit this time?"

In any case. Rapidfire in transformed state with a full KI bar you fire out about 6 or 7 shots. Than your ki is gone. I Say thats balanced >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom