Character Traits

Best answers
After playing mmorpgs and seeing how items give you a small boost. I was thinking of a small way of making each character a little more unique, but only slightly.

Goku : 10% less unguarded damage.
Gohan : 10% more pl gain.
Piccolo : 10% health regen every 10 seconds of no ki usage.
Krillin : 10% less chance of random arrows.
Vegeta : 10% less swooping cost.
Trunks : 10% more turbo speed.
Frieza : 10% less teleport cost.
Cell : 10% less beam damage.
Buu : 10% less melee damage.

Bare in mind some characters already have some:
Goku can teleport with beams
Trunks gibs at 20% health
Frieza no flying ki cost in 2nd form.
Cell no flying ki cost in 2nd form.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I daresay I like it.
Good show, chap.
/me fixes monicle.

Best answers
can you pick the items up twice? if so, does it give you another 5% thingy again?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think thats a character ability not an actual item.

Me likes :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would 5% even be noticeable? 5% less melee damage, and the average hit is what, 9hp? So you take 8.5 damage? Imo Gohan and Cell have the only traits worthy of mention, you wouldn't notice the rest especially in a fast fight. Make it at least 10% or there doesn't seem much point.

Also, don't forget about #18, Ginyu and Tien ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hell, lets go crazy, 20 or 25%

good concept. but more ideas would be better, and some tweaking to the current.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good idea, I like it. The 5% should be uped a little though, don't you think? I'm thinking either 10% or 20% is a good number.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"why make it 20 percent when you can make it....30%?"

But yeah like 10-15% difference would be nice. in budokai, the attack strength went up by like 5 per transformation, so a ssj2 and ssj didn't make a difference (aside from normal to ssj4)

Best answers
....ok he probably gets it by now that he should make it more of a percent -_- but anyway, good idea except vegetas beacuase advanced melee will change.

Best answers
Well what about Goku's, cause everyone only takes 1 damage for each hit from blocking, so how would they lower the damage for him by 5%?

Best answers
omg response!
Hmmm i get the feeling i should raise the % :scared:

RavenDust said:
Would 5% even be noticeable? 5% less melee damage, and the average hit is what, 9hp? So you take 8.5 damage? Imo Gohan and Cell have the only traits worthy of mention, you wouldn't notice the rest especially in a fast fight. Make it at least 10% or there doesn't seem much point.

Also, don't forget about #18, Ginyu and Tien

Okay, yeah 5% is a little too small to notice, so 10% might be just right.

- Added Characters -

Ginyu : 10% extra cool idle dance ...
#18 : 10% less recharge time.
Tien : 10% less solar flare cost, and extra blind time.
^ (basically unsure about these untill we actually see them fully in action for ourselves.)

- Unchanged -

Buu : 10% less melee damage. - He is overpowered anyway, so he can have the least noticeible upgrade :p

Gohan : 10% more pl gain. - This suits gohan, but it may be a bit too good. Alternatives?

- Changed -

Cell : 10% less turbo ki burn. - higher beam attack damage would of made him too spammy anyway.

Krillin : 10% quicker air recovery. - i didn't think 10% less damage from walls/floor would be enough for poor Krillin.

Saiyan Knight said:
....ok he probably gets it by now that he should make it more of a percent -_- but anyway, good idea except vegetas beacuase advanced melee will change.
Vegeta : 10% more damage with ki attacks - I havn't heard about the melee changes yet. Gave Vegeta the higher beam attacks instead.

Mccdbz5 said:
Well what about Goku's, cause everyone only takes 1 damage for each hit from blocking, so how would they lower the damage for him by 5%?
Goku : 10% less unguarded damage. - That should be more noticed.

That's all i can think of for now, anything you guys can think of? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ginyu : 10% extra cool idle dance ...
Hahaha, i'm thinking 10% less ki drain because he used a lot of energy attacks (and because I couldn't think of anything else). This applies for the whole Ginyu Force not just Ginyu himself.

#18 : 10% less recharge time.
Seems good, seeing as Androids #17 and #18 have infinite energy, so it works. Should apply to #17 too.

Tien : 10% less solar flare cost, and extra blind time.
Totally agree with this one.

Buu : 10% less melee damage. - He is overpowered anyway, so he can have the least noticeible upgrade :p
Again, true the series and good for balance.

Gohan : 10% more pl gain. - This suits gohan, but it may be a bit too good. Alternatives?
That makes sense, he develops so much early in the series. Would sort of represent his 'Rage'.

Cell : 10% less turbo ki burn. - higher beam attack damage would of made him too spammy anyway.
Hmmm, not sure if this would be noticable enough. I'd prefer 10% less damage from energy attacks for him, because in the series he was always uneffected by an energy attack or it took a limb and he regenerated. Just my oppinion.

Krillin : 10% quicker air recovery. - i didn't think 10% less damage from walls/floor would be enough for poor Krillin.
I don't think this would be noticeable, it would be less than half a second faster. I think 10% less chance of recieving (not giving) random arrows due to his size would be better, and it would hopefully encourage more people to use adv melee.

Vegeta : 10% more damage with ki attacks - I havn't heard about the melee changes yet. Gave Vegeta the higher beam attacks instead.
I'm ok with that, but i'd like to see something that reflects his character. Like 10% more PL gain with aura and 10% faster drain with aura, seeing as he was a big aura user and an aggressive fighter.

Goku : 10% less unguarded damage. - That should be more noticed.
Nice one, he always took a hell of a beating and kept fighting.

The ones you missed:

Trunks: 10% bigger speed increase on aura (to emphasize his 'melee character' status.)

Frieza: 10% less teleport cost. He was a big teleporter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom