Character customisation

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basic idea, creating differences depending on playstyle.

Thoughts: Using FPS as a reference (sniper vs short range)

Current thought train:
Using your turbo button you can power up into the area you want to strengthen yourself.

After playing as a transformed being you will "master" the form giving you access to a new powerup form. With this one you can hold turbo and then charge into the area you want to strengthen.

Stats for reference:

Accustomed SSJ:
Takes 100% dmg from melee and beams and deals 100%

Melee SSJ (USSJ) :
Takes 100% dmg from beams, 50% from melee. deals 150% melee dmg but 50% beam dmg

Beam SSJ:
Takes 100% dmg from melee 50% from beams. Deals 150% beam dmg but 50% melee dmg

What this will do is it will make the beam SSJ more powerfull against Melee and vice versa. If you battle against a same type its even.

I was thinking about adding pro's and cons to both versions aswell.
Beam SSJ might get additional attacks (eg. Fast kamehameha's and perhaps even a speed boost)
Melee SSJ might get additional gap closers and will take a punishment in speed.

I think this part needs some more bonusses and handicaps tho.

How i visualise the transition process.

Yellow = Accustomed
Red = Melee
Green = beam

The new charge feature will unlock after a certain treshold ( "mastery" of the current form)
When you reach mastery you will be in the yellow and will have everything at 100%. You hit the button to charge up and during that charge you can press D to strengthen Melee SSJ (red) and loose beams and suffers USSJ limitations and A if you want to go to the Beam SSJ (green) and loose certain Melee SSJ pro's.
The Above chart would indicate a melee oriented SSJ. suffering small punishment and gaining a small melee bonus (not full values)

You wont be able to instantly reach full red or full green in just one charge. instead you will have to charge a side for at least 30 seconds or so to be maxxed. You could charge up, dodge fighters and continue charging.

Maybe some sort of Maffia's picklock system can make this challanging.

Feel free to pick up the parts where i didnt think properly, but i think this could have a boost to gameplay/ game interaction.

Couldnt sleep lastnight and ended up thinking loads about this :)

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Love the balancing idea in this, but that would result in a server full of Gokus ^^

We are trying to avoid that by specializing characters instead. So some characters will have a bigger melee advantage and others will have a bigger beam advantage. There is also a deffense advantage with weaker beams and melee and so on ^^

We can fine tune all attacks and characters stats down to how much stamina they regain. And ofcourse there is still something planned with the bonus system XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The actual benefits and handicaps havent been given alot of thought to be honest. This idea kept me awake for a good portion of last night so i wanted to put it here and work on it some more.
Gohan could get his shield attack in beam mode,
Piccolo could have his eye lasers, or regen
Krillin his solar flare (well maybe something else)
Freeza could have his finger laser
Cell his regen or solar flare
Buu his bodypart disable? dont know
Ginyu force might call in another buddy to disable / slow down people
Vegeta could have his barrage

But as i said, havent given this one too much thoughts yet :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I like and support this idea,someone get this man his own office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom