Best answers
Hello, I have just created a Chaos Emerald model to replace the Dragonballs (to celebrate the release of the Sonic model). I made this in Gmax and this is my first model.

I have this model, but it still needs to be skin mapped and skinned, compiled, etc. Unfortunately, I have no idea how the hell I am supposed to get this model from Gmax to Milkshape 3D (which expires in 4 days) to attempt to compile it and stuff. So, can anyone help me finish this model?

If I send someone the .gmax file, can they skin it for me, since I can't skin, I really don't know how. Please? It'll need 7 seperate skins for each of the different Dragonballs. You'll get credit for it of course. Can anyone please help?

Best answers
ur picture doesnt work

*EDIT*
I see the picture now

Best answers
that's strange, it works for me. Try copying and pasting the link.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
works for me, thats awesome man, make diferent colors

Best answers
Uh, can I repeat what I just said? I said it isn't skinned. It needs a skinner! It's just green because that's the color G-Max chose when I started to make it. I would have used Milkshape 3D, but it didn't really have the tools I needed to make this thing. I'm requesting a skinner to skin it and help me compile it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it dosent really need a skin tho, its fine like that

Best answers
Of course it needs a skin! It can't be used it it isn't skinned! If this thing gets compiled without a skin, it will not be green. It'll just be white or gray. I don't even know how to compile this thing anyway. Hopefully, in the morning, someone can help me. It's a little late for me to be expecting help (12:41 AM EST).

Best answers
well. the skin will be easy (can anyone say paintbucket?), and skin mapping shouldn't be TOO hard.. but I can't help ya, sry

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u could use a solid color bmp file for that, but the model is mishapen, im not a sonic player, but i have played them, your chaos emerald is too flat on the top,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, I wasn't gonna install sonic for a bit, since I gotta theme goin already with that neo gohan and my Vegeta and Goku reskins, I'll have to give him a shot later.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i never seen that before in sonic. But i guess its not too bad

Best answers
Originally posted by Emeka650
i never seen that before in sonic. But i guess its not too bad
The Chaos Emeralds were in pretty much every Sonic game (even the first game). They were especially emphasized on during Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. In the classic Sonic games (Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles), when Sonic collects all 7 Chaos Emeralds from the Special Stages, then collects at least 50 rings and then jumps, he turns into Super Sonic, and becomes a golden, super fast engine of destruction, with increased speed and invincibility for as long as he keeps collecting rings. His rings keep draining away constantly, and when he runs out of rings, he turns back to normal. So you need to keep collecting rings.

Back on topic, I do not even KNOW how to skin map or skin this thing, because I made it in G-Max. I can try and figure out how to skin this thing (though the graphics program I have sucks, it wouldn't have as much detail as I would like it to have), but after that, I would still need help to scale it to around the size of a Dragonball in the game, and to compile it, since Gmax lacks a compiler.

Best answers
the emerald is great, but i'm thinkin for variety, there should also be rings, coz their pretty much a sonic thing aswell. make sensus the rings!!!

Best answers
I can make a ring, but what would it replace? I'll post a picture of ring when I finish it.

In other news, I have the materials (skin) for the Emeralds (though I would like them to have more detail, I can't really do that), but I will still need someone to help me:

1) Scale this mofo so that it's not too big in-game.
2) Compile the models so you can actually use them in-game. This was made using Gmax, not Milkshape, since I couldn't figure out how to make the emerald shape using the very limited tools included with Milkshape (why couldn't they give you a friggin Cone shape tool?)

Can someone help me with this?

*Edit*

Okay, here is the model in all 7 colors:

Amethyst Chaos Emerald:

Aquamarine Chaos Emerald:

Diamond Chaos Emerald:

Emerald Chaos Emerald:

Ruby Chaos Emerald:

Sapphire Chaos Emerald:

Topaz Chaos Emerald:

If you notice, they have a kind of transparency effect, what do you think? Are they cool?

Best answers
hav rings replace dragon balls like emeralds. like a choice thing depending on what u like best or wot mood ur in. or hav rings replace sensus as strangely it makes sense

Best answers
Heh, rings replacing Sensus, that does make sense, though the other day, I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if you could replace Sensus with Chili Dogs (that's Sonic's favorite food in the comics and TV series), but rings would make more sense. Heh, you could replace Majin Buu's food with Chili Dogs perhaps?

Best answers
hehee. if only other plyrs could eat the food wen buu turns sum1 into food. then would be nice to hav sonic rush in an steal buu's chili dog.

Best answers
Heh, that'd be funny! Okay, we have a ring. Ooh! Look at the pretty ring:

It took only 5 minutes or so to make. I still need someone to scale and compile these models. Can someone who is experienced in Gmax please help me with this? I do not know how to do it (since Gmax doesn't have a program to compile HL models).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uuh..... ive tryed this and created some really good models, i skinned them and everything, but they just refuse to compile, ive yet to see someone capable of compiling a non player esf model other that w_sbc, it just does not work... i dont know why :\ you try it, decompile any non player esf model and try compiling, it refuses... i sooo wanna get over this :|

Best answers
What do you mean that you can't get a non-player ESF model to compile? I can decompile, and recompile the original Dragonball models with Milkshape. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to compile this if you tried. I realized I need to make a bone in the middle *sighs* I don't know anything about bones, can someone help me? I don't know how to do this on my own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom