Changing the throw, more variety to it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the throw is nice, it's just too redundant in what you can do. Swing swing swing, throw. I've been thinking in how dbz you can grab, hold, throw, etc. So this could be a new way of doing it.

Swoop, hold right click and you have the ability to throw.

Now when you hold right click, the struggle bar would be all the way in your favor at the very end. If the other player opposes, depending on the difference of PL, the bar would go up to their spot. Once the bar reaches their area of the struggle bar, the throw would be canceled out.

Now when you hold right click your hand would be on their head, while the person being held has their hands trying to pull your hand off their head (i hope that made sense). Anytime you release the right click, you will cancel the throw. Now you can do a variety things in this position:

1. Hold left click and you will being to spin as it is currently. Letting go of left click will stop you from spinning. Letting go of the right click while hold left click will release them from the spinning throw. The throw from this move will send the opponent very fast and will hit a surface hard, meaning more damage.
2. Let go of right click, and you will automatically throw them. The throw won't be too fast, so after this throw you can swoop after them and hit them with a simple melee hit =)
3. You can swoop and direct your movement and right click would send them flying into the wall or wherever.
4. If you swoop into a wall while holding right click, you would hold them in place for damage. Would require more KI than number 3 of course, and draining would go pretty fast.

What are the good things of this idea?
1. More variety to throw.
2. More variety to what you can do in throw.
3. More variety to different strengths of different throws.

Bad things?
1. More coding.
2. More animations.

Good idea? I think so =) well let your comments rain down.

Best answers
I think this is a great idea that should be in the game, I hope the people who make the game add this to ESF 1.3 it would be great. It sounds like all of that and some more stuff can be put in the game. I know the ESF Team can do it, if yall been looking in the suggestion forum you will need to add this to the game definately. :cool: :fight: :D ;D :p :] :laff: :)

Best answers
Nothing just think of it when you charge at someone you start the punch sequence after that you can either melee him to death or throw but when you choose throw he could do some type of nice moves then throw (I have a little idea to add to this topic). Lets say each character has there own throw technique like Goku when you press the throw button you can knock the person everywhere. First you grab him then throw him somewhere but not to far and teleport behind him and kick him then teleport one more time and grab him before he gets out of the fall back sequence and grab him by a body part and dive with him right into the ground or melee him. The counter attack for this should be like when he teleports behind you, you can have one of the buttons come up (when he chooses a certain button to knock you somewhere when he's behind you) and if you get it right you can dodge it and grab the body part he tried to hit you with and just spin him and throw him right into the ground. Does this idea sound reasonable

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lets say each character has there own throw technique like Goku when you press the throw button you can knock the person everywhere. First you grab him then throw him somewhere but not to far and
my idea when you throw if you just release right click he'll be sent flying but not too fast

teleport behind him and kick him
then you can teleport yourself behind him and simple melee to kick him

then teleport one more time and grab him before he gets out of the fall back sequence and
then you can teleport yourself and engaged in another prepunch sequence, this time hold right click and swoop (another choice of how to throw)

grab him by a body part and dive with him right into the ground or melee him.
when swooping release right click to send him flying into the ground

it doens't have to be so automatic, i mean with this system it will take skill to pull off a sweet combo like that =P making it automatic makes it too easy, so people will have to practice to get killer combos like that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i was also thinking if u do the option of letting go of right click right away that will send them flying a little slow, you could either swoop/teleport to hit them with simple melee, shoot ki balls, or a beam at them while they're flying =P remember in the show when they woulud throw and beam them to pieces? it would be something like that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bump, i was hopin more ppl would comment =p

Best answers
lol you really are one hell of a suggester :) i like this idea of throws, something like throwing comboes would be really cool, i hope to see this in esf 1.3 some day :) better than old boring throws

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom