Cause the devs dont care about polls.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I see. Bummer.

Best answers
The Devs do what they want to do like work on mods that will slow down production on esf.

Best answers
Well, I've been wandering around in several servers lately and as I expected... No one ever uses advanced melee. The only thing I see is simple melee with beams, ranging from the kiblast to a kame-wave. Of course with 'everyone' I mean the decent players and not the newbies. So I guess that's a lesson to us all... advanced melee is dead... Which means either something is going to have to change or it has to be scrapped completely.
Anyone who agrees?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
. So I guess that's a lesson to us all... advanced melee is dead... Which means either something is going to have to change or it has to be scrapped completely.
Anyone who agrees?
Thats your opinion. I dont know what servers youre going to, but I still see people using advanced melee. Simple melee more than advanced, but none the less advanced melee is still being used.....

Best answers
Carnage said:
Of course with 'everyone' I mean the decent players and not the newbies.
Whatever my opinion is, it doesn't change the fact that most of the comunity hardly ever uses it anymore. It's like new transformations, it's fun in the beginning but you grow tired of it quickly.

Anyway I guess that brings me back to where this all started in the first place - simple melee. Unless the team decides to change it all of a sudden, I still would like the old melee to be implented once again. Until we get to 1.3 or a another 1.2.x I still think that's the best solution.

But that's not the question atm, the current question is whether the team is planning to change something in the upcomming release or not. I have already Pm'ed Joe a couple of days ago but with no luck as of yet, so maybe someone else of the team who actually reads this can enlighten us.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raven Blade said:
-_- good to know our hard work is being appreciated...
I can see why you said that, but thats just not true man. People appreciate your work. But when people post in a thread like this, somethings wrong, you can't just shrug it off by implying "well we're *******s that don't appreciate the hard work people have done. That must be the reason they're complaining". Well, thats not it, its not that we don't appreciate your work, its that something is definitly wrong. I'll just speak for myself here, but I loved 1.1. Imo, it was the best game I've ever played, better then hl2 by a mile (my second fav game). Just that the way I see it, you (the esf team) screwed over all the loyal fans (when I say loyal fans, I mean people who played the game, not the people who hang around the forum) by taking out everything we loved about 1.1. You wouldn't even listen to any of our ideas when 1.2 production was going on, you all shouted "WIP" ignoring suggestions. Almost everyone I've talked to feels the same way as me. And hell, you guys are doing the same god damn thing with 1.3. I mean, yeah, you made the game so ofcourse you have every right to do what you want to it, but that doesn't mean the fans have to like it.

Btw, I'm not implying 1.1 was perfect either, there was definitly a need to improve the melee. Also, please don't respond to this post with a flame. I could care less what other people think and you won't change my oppinion

More ontopic: Again, great ideas carnage. I'm just amazed that the ideas are so good.

Best answers
You took the words right of my mouth... or my keyboard... but I think we really need a reply from one of the teammembers right now so go spam and get their attention :p

Best answers
Raven Blade said:
-_- good to know our hard work is being appreciated...
If it wasn't appreciated ESF would have been abandond and unused , however it seems The "1337" the "Gramatically correct" the "Idiots" the "n00bs" and "me" have all come together to find a way to improve it. If we didn't appreciate your hard work the forum would be mostly dead and people would post "ESF 1.2 sucks 1.1 was better" and leave no further comments.

I'm actually quite impressed at the entusiasm and work put into alot of these idea( ' : stupid comma! I don't know if it goes there or not!! leave me alone!!)s from people that really do care.

Edit:
(Was that thing even a commer?!!?! I HATE YOU GRAMMER!!! DIE!! DIE AND GO TO HELL AND BURN!!!)

Sorry if I went slightly off topic ... useing the word slightly, lightly .

Double Edit: Whats wrong with me today I spelt comma is 2 differnt ways in the same post!

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ummm.....that's not a comma, that is an apostrophe, and no, it didn't go there.

But yeah, all the work is appreciated.

Best answers
Cap J said:
Ummm.....that's not a comma, that is an apostrophe, and no, it didn't go there.
And now thats been explaned to me ... I must go curl up in a metaphorical hole and die...

Best answers
You know what I liked about DBZ/ESF. The speed, and the smacking people around the place.. across massive areas and into mountains and buildings and stuff. But mainly the speed.

They slowed the game down after v1.1 (which I didn't notice, but that's because I played it [v1.2] about 3 times). I stopped playing because I was on dialup and v1.2 was very uch impossible to play. v1.1 I could play online, even with people in the US for some reason. It was laggy, but it was still playable - really late at night.

v1.2 seemed too complex to just pick up and play. This was the beauty of v1.1. ANd it's the beauty of any good game. "Easy to learn, hard to master" - all the old arcade games are like this. v1.1 was closer to this than the latest versions. But it does get boring. So stuff like transformations and new moves would add a lot to it. Something you have to work for to attain. A goal for you to reach. Combos would be cool, but a system that is intuitive and still looks good is needed.

I originally suggested the system they use now for advanced melee, with the direction pressing. Although I suggested more of a rock, paper, scissors system. Something went wrong with v1.2. Whether it was the netowkr code (so it was too laggy for me) or the slowing down or the advanced melee, I don't know. I just know the game lacks something now more than it did then.

edit:

This fast paced stuff is utter crap imo, for a start swooping had a lock on in 1.1, meaning all the time you're being guided towards the player you are swooping at, if you had that speed swoop without the targeting you'd never be able to hit the other oponent, as ive read in previous discussions from team members you would just slide of the other player all the time, so unless you want the lock on system, and no room for speeds with higher transformations then fine, but to me thats idiotic and makes no sense.

the lock on in v1.0/1.1 was not a real lock on. all it would do is put a box around the target player so you could find them. you still had to aim yourself at the player and if they moved or teleported, you would MISS. all i know is that DBZ is fast, and the game should be fast. if they slow things down, then the game loses appeal, because it is no longer like DBZ.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I totally agree with hybrid. gr00vy, the head beta tester knew what would happen to the gameplay if the teleport delay and all that other crap would be implemented. He didn't say anything about it cause he doesn't give a **** about the mod anymore. And even Halorin the inventer of 1.2 melee doesn't play (or hardly doesn't play) the game any longer cause he knew he ****ed up the game. Also, the team promised us a 1.1 melee cvar while basicly the only thing it does is increase knockback speed and length. My suggestion is make a better melee system for 1,3 cause transformations in a game with no gameplay will be forgotten in a few weeks or so.

Best answers
Carnage said:
You took the words right of my mouth... or my keyboard... but I think we really need a reply from one of the teammembers right now so go spam and get their attention :p
[Spam Spammy Spam Spam post here]

Another thing they may be able to implement in 1.3 is say when your obviously stronger than someone but a set amout (Testing would have to decide how much) when they tried to basic melee you , your knockback is reduced , that way you can't have some idiot thats just been kicked from the game (Unless its the start) hit you in the back and completely ruin the fight your haveing.

If this was Implimented you could pull a kind of Majin Buu vs Gotenks(Normal Form) and just stand there and take hits until you decided to fight...

It would also be useful if this ment at that higher stage of power level , if you are knocked back you hold onto a beam .

Oh and the Beams explodeing on Impact at point blank is annoying , What would be nice is if beams would pas- wait this has been said , nevermind.

...Ok maby that wasn't as spammy as i'd hoped for...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And then we'd have a version of esf thats worse than 1.2 -_-. I rather like beating ssj goku's when im in my untransed vegeta form. Not being able to do anything to transed characters would leave esf completely unbalanced, and then no one would play except for you.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
And then we'd have a version of esf thats worse than 1.2 -_-. I rather like beating ssj goku's when im in my untransed vegeta form. Not being able to do anything to transed characters would leave esf completely unbalanced, and then no one would play except for you.
Heh , I wasn't talking about a power differance of 2 Mil ish , I was talking about the kind of game where you've really settled into the fight and you don't want some n00b just kicking you from behind and messing up your fight.

I was really talking about a PL differance of 7-9 mil, Just to eliminate the annoying bas*r*s that play to annoy , and not to fight...

However if you don't like what i'm saying ... most likely because its a bad idea! yay!

In witch case Ignore I said anything (Unless it was constructive)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom