Changes

Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
Hey guess what.

Do you know how fast the new transformations in 1.3 are going to become old? Very ****ing fast.

After seeing it twice I, and alot of players won't even notice transforming. Hell I don't even notice the transformations now. I think they are just a waste of time, and should be trashed they should just work on things that matter. 1.3 is basically EVM except its official.

What we won't is gameplay not cool flashy effects. I rather just have them work on the melee system, and other gameplay elements (beams) instead of working on stupid transformations no one cares about. The majority of the community only plays in normal mode anyway. Every tournament = Normal form. Not SSJ form, normal form. Plus in tournaments, and clan matches people don't even get to transform hell they even restrict signatured moves (Beams, Instant attacks (lasers), Disks, and the like except ki blasts, and generic stuff.)

So inputting more transformations are pointless.
Flameing aside , I highly disagree Like in the series Transformations can give you the edge over a opponent you were otherwise equally matched in skill... higher transformations add more tactics , weather to gain ki at base , second level , or go all out on third...
From my point of view it'll be interesting

Best answers
MajinDruu said:
Flameing aside , I highly disagree Like in the series Transformations can give you the edge over a opponent you were otherwise equally matched in skill... higher transformations add more tactics , weather to gain ki at base , second level , or go all out on third...
From my point of view it'll be interesting

Oh goodness. Now lemme give a good example of what happens in 1.1 (yes 1.1) When someone transforms.

1. They cannot handle the speed. (Also in 1.2 I laugh at the people who cannot handle the speed of Mystic Krillin or Evil Buu, they are so easy to pummel its not even funny, and not that many people are used to that speed, and btw Mystic krillin is the max speed for esf.)

2. No matter how high your power level is you would still get your ass kicked across the map, and pretty much owned. Just because you cannot handle the speed, and are moving too fast. If you have attained a higher speed then someone by transforming most likely they will move like water compared to you. When you are faster ( speed wise) you are easy to predict therefore easier to beat the only thing that will keep you alive is if you throw a beam, but in 1.1 1337's didn't have this problem at all.

3. Ok so do you think you will ever get to say SSJ3 let alone SSJ2? No one will sit there, and watch you transform. Just prepare to get transkilled.

Now as on the Melee side of 1.2.1

The Simple Melee cvar brings back the old knock back system, and deletes adv melee, but its too slow for the knockback speed, and therefore not as fun to play. Because after every hit it takes a longshort time just to get back to your opponent, but without the tele delay it wouldn't take as long seeing as with the delay you have to "Time" your teleports. I myself, and many others miss the old ways of tele. It felt more like the show even when Tele scripts came out when you could teleport in 1 button press. It was like when they moved real fast and appeared infront of you then hit you, but if you were good enough you would always block that, and then pummel them to high hell since there ki is gone.

Another great thing I also miss in esf was the no swoop zone. OH GOD THAT WAS SO GREAT ='). I used to love stopping peoples swoops with my teleports, but in 1.2 they changed that so my whole strategy had to be revamped, but that was one good thing. Also another thing the hitboxes are smaller. In 1.1 they were larger, and now I have to goofish aim at the head just to get a finger laser shot to actually hit, and if I point at there body I never hit it goes through them. Either this is a bug/a **** up/ or they did it purposely, but thats pretty stupid.

Well this ends my post.

Best answers
Trans-Killing is an issue that will quite possibly be resolved in 1.3. I'm working on pieceing together a new KI system for use with ESF. (Weather it gets used or not is a different story). 1.3 isnt just a pretty model update ya know =P!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The thing is... im getting tired of this now, but one last time. Advanced melee, no one is talking about touching, this is all about the 1.1 melee, hence the comprimising to be taken place is on how to include 1.1 melee. 1.1 melee was taken out because it was really exploitable for people that could only need to hit someone once and teleport combo the rest untill the oponent was dead, sorry but it is an exploit, may take skill to do, but so does the hours some people put into hacking, it doesnt justify not giving your opponent a chance to respond
this is the biggest BS i have ever heard. U say it's an "exploit", then tell me why only good players can d it? Exploits in earlier versions were: Block countering, howing. Anyone could do it.It's lame, that's why it's an exploit. If u think combo's were an exploit in 1.1 u've got to be an idiot.
This is the reason why we are pissed off, u want the game to be more noob friendly. If u don't want to play against skilled people, go find people of ur own skill level to play with. Problem solved.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
TheMasta said:
this is the biggest BS i have ever heard. U say it's an "exploit", then tell me why only good players can d it? Exploits in earlier versions were: Block countering, howing. Anyone could do it.It's lame, that's why it's an exploit. If u think combo's were an exploit in 1.1 u've got to be an idiot.
This is the reason why we are pissed off, u want the game to be more noob friendly. If u don't want to play against skilled people, go find people of ur own skill level to play with. Problem solved.
It's an exploit as when the combo started then the victim was utterly screwed as he could do nothing about it, if you REALLY want to prove you are skilled then try fighting in a system where you can get unlimited hits BUT where they actually have a chance of fighting back, I'm sure most 1337 players would like to try that system so they can prove they are skilled by still owning the person even when they can do something about it. I'd want the game to be noob and pro friendly.

Best answers
I do agree that you were quite helpless when you got hit but if you make some overly easy blocking system you'd n00bify everything again. So here's what I thought about using other's people suggestions (such as david and zeonix).

Knockbacks are a little shorter than 1.1 and maybe a little slower, I'm not sure - testing would point that out. Anyway, if you hold block and aim at the enemy when you are hit (except when you're roling on the ground), you will lose some ki but you will receive no damage. The blocking player however will still be knocked back and will accelerate by about 10% or so (maybe more, again testing would be the solution). This means that if the attacking player is good enough (thus rewarding practice) he can continiously hit the blocking player until he hits a wall, if he runs out of ki first, he will not block the attack. By blocking, you will only receive the damage you get when you hit the wall so it does not include the damage the attacking player has done on you.

It should be pretty hard to do those continous attacks (because of the acceleration involved) so you should be somewhat rewarded when you manage to perform such a move (the extending of the knockback risking in wall-damage).

I think this pretty much balances it out for everyone. Attacking is going to be alot harder so combos are less likely to happen, but you can always try to block the attack. Players would have to come up with distractions or other moves to evade the block thus rewarding practice time (practice gives you experience which is very important). Other players can defend themselves (also in a 2v1 or more) by carefully aiming and blocking accordingly so even if multiple enemies try to attack them they CAN block all the hits if they are good enough. Of course this will leave the victim with a possible shortage on ki but teamwork must also be promoted imo.

Of course this is only for combos in mid air. What if you get hit downward to the ground or to the sky?

If you get hit downwards you must press and hold jump, if you don't you will roll like you do now unless of course when you are out of ki. If you do press jump, you will land with both feet on the ground (crouching position as if you got a piano on your back with maybe one hand on the ground) but you will slide a bit depending on the angle you got hit from. Don't understand? take a look at this:

Situation 1: The player gets hit directly from above, when he reaches the ground he will be stunned for a period of time before he can jump/teleport whatever, of course the player will receive damage but a little less than when he didn't press jump (about 5 hp difference probably)

Situation 2: The player get's hit from a certain angle, depending on that angle, the player will slide over the ground. Again, damage is taken but this time it's less than situation 1 and less than when jump wasn't pressed.
If the player slides against a wall, he will lose his ability to recover earlier and will smack against the wall and receive additional damage.
The damage taken also depends on the angle, the more from above, the more damage.

Ok, now for some extra details:

When the player is sliding a struggle bar will appear, once the player get's in the blue area he will have the CHOICE to press jump again and perform a cool backflip. If he doesn't press jump, he will continue to slide until he has come to a complete stop (which shouldn't be too far away cos he can already jump) this would probably be a 'cool' factor. Let's say some opponent hits you, you calmly recover as if you got hit by the biggest n00b ever alive and then you might want to slowly walk up to him or something to intimidate your foe.

Like I said, the damage taken depends on the angle, to compromise this a bit recovery time while sliding will also be shorter but can only be done from a minimum angle because you cannot slide if you got from above. When this minimum angle is not reached it will affect the recovery time.

If the player performs the mentioned backflip he can also walljump if he connects to a wall meaning he could slide, backflip, walljump, teleport, swoop and start a counter-attack... dbz style.

Keep in mind this SIMPLE MELEE ONLY, if you guys like this I might think of something for advanced melee blocking.

:edit: you ARE vulnerable while sliding or recovering (when hit from above)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
I do agree that you were quite helpless when you got hit but if you make some overly easy blocking system you'd n00bify everything again. So here's what I thought about using other's people suggestions (such as david and zeonix).

Knockbacks are a little shorter than 1.1 and maybe a little slower, I'm not sure - testing would point that out. Anyway, if you hold block and aim at the enemy when you are hit (except when you're roling on the ground), you will lose some ki but you will receive no damage. The blocking player however will still be knocked back and will accelerate by about 10% or so (maybe more, again testing would be the solution). This means that if the attacking player is good enough (thus rewarding practice) he can continiously hit the blocking player until he hits a wall, if he runs out of ki first, he will not block the attack. By blocking, you will only receive the damage you get when you hit the wall so it does not include the damage the attacking player has done on you.

It should be pretty hard to do those continous attacks (because of the acceleration involved) so you should be somewhat rewarded when you manage to perform such a move (the extending of the knockback risking in wall-damage).

I think this pretty much balances it out for everyone. Attacking is going to be alot harder so combos are less likely to happen, but you can always try to block the attack. Players would have to come up with distractions or other moves to evade the block thus rewarding practice time (practice gives you experience which is very important). Other players can defend themselves (also in a 2v1 or more) by carefully aiming and blocking accordingly so even if multiple enemies try to attack them they CAN block all the hits if they are good enough. Of course this will leave the victim with a possible shortage on ki but teamwork must also be promoted imo.

Of course this is only for combos in mid air. What if you get hit downward to the ground or to the sky?

If you get hit downwards you must press and hold jump, if you don't you will roll like you do now unless of course when you are out of ki. If you do press jump, you will land with both feet on the ground (crouching position as if you got a piano on your back with maybe one hand on the ground) but you will slide a bit depending on the angle you got hit from. Don't understand? take a look at this:

Situation 1: The player gets hit directly from above, when he reaches the ground he will be stunned for a period of time before he can jump/teleport whatever, of course the player will receive damage but a little less than when he didn't press jump (about 5 hp difference probably)

Situation 2: The player get's hit from a certain angle, depending on that angle, the player will slide over the ground. Again, damage is taken but this time it's less than situation 1 and less than when jump wasn't pressed.
If the player slides against a wall, he will lose his ability to recover earlier and will smack against the wall and receive additional damage.
The damage taken also depends on the angle, the more from above, the more damage.

When the player is sliding a struggle bar will appear, once the player get's in the blue area he will have the CHOICE to press jump again and perform a cool backflip. If he doesn't press jump, he will continue to slide until he has come to a complete stop (which shouldn't be too far away cos he can already jump) this would probably be a 'cool' factor. Let's say some opponent hits you, you calmly recover as if you got hit by the biggest n00b ever alive and then you might want to slowly walk up to him or something to intimidate your foe.

Like I said, the damage taken depends on the angle, to compromise this a bit recovery time while sliding will also be shorter but can only be done from a minimum angle because you cannot slide if you got from above. When this minimum angle is not reached it will affect the recovery time.

If the player performs the mentioned backflip he can also walljump if he connects to a wall meaning he could slide, backflip, walljump, teleport, swoop and start a counter-attack... dbz style.

Keep in mind this SIMPLE MELEE ONLY, if you guys like this I might think of something for advanced melee blocking.

I <3 that idea it all sounds perfect to me ^_^

And thamasta, read his post thoroughly and go figure why it does make sense. If you hit someone, it was all down to you - one player, and it had nothing to do with the skill of your opponent, hence, not as l337 as if you were actually fighting someone.

Best answers
That is totally so realistic hehe, sounds kewl to me mate.

Best answers
SSJ Shin Carl said:
Oh goodness. Now lemme give a good example of what happens in 1.1 (yes 1.1) When someone transforms.

1. They cannot handle the speed. (Also in 1.2 I laugh at the people who cannot handle the speed of Mystic Krillin or Evil Buu, they are so easy to pummel its not even funny, and not that many people are used to that speed, and btw Mystic krillin is the max speed for esf.)

2. No matter how high your power level is you would still get your ass kicked across the map, and pretty much owned. Just because you cannot handle the speed, and are moving too fast. If you have attained a higher speed then someone by transforming most likely they will move like water compared to you. When you are faster ( speed wise) you are easy to predict therefore easier to beat the only thing that will keep you alive is if you throw a beam, but in 1.1 1337's didn't have this problem at all.

3. Ok so do you think you will ever get to say SSJ3 let alone SSJ2? No one will sit there, and watch you transform. Just prepare to get transkilled.

Now as on the Melee side of 1.2.1

The Simple Melee cvar brings back the old knock back system, and deletes adv melee, but its too slow for the knockback speed, and therefore not as fun to play. Because after every hit it takes a longshort time just to get back to your opponent, but without the tele delay it wouldn't take as long seeing as with the delay you have to "Time" your teleports. I myself, and many others miss the old ways of tele. It felt more like the show even when Tele scripts came out when you could teleport in 1 button press. It was like when they moved real fast and appeared infront of you then hit you, but if you were good enough you would always block that, and then pummel them to high hell since there ki is gone.

Another great thing I also miss in esf was the no swoop zone. OH GOD THAT WAS SO GREAT ='). I used to love stopping peoples swoops with my teleports, but in 1.2 they changed that so my whole strategy had to be revamped, but that was one good thing. Also another thing the hitboxes are smaller. In 1.1 they were larger, and now I have to goofish aim at the head just to get a finger laser shot to actually hit, and if I point at there body I never hit it goes through them. Either this is a bug/a **** up/ or they did it purposely, but thats pretty stupid.

Well this ends my post.

If you cannot handel the speed that your fault , I however am Quite adept at being transfromed , the only diffence is while i'm transforming I change my mouse sensitvity , and yes transforming can give you the edge , Ignoreing my point isn't going to re enforce yours ... It will simply seem like you ignored what I said and are just one of those stubborn people that think there always right...

Carnage said:

Give this man a Medal (Not Sarcastic) thats the best practical Idea i've herd so far...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It's an exploit as when the combo started then the victim was utterly screwed as he could do nothing about it, if you REALLY want to prove you are skilled then try fighting in a system where you can get unlimited hits BUT where they actually have a chance of fighting back, I'm sure most 1337 players would like to try that system so they can prove they are skilled by still owning the person even when they can do something about it. I'd want the game to be noob and pro friendly.
The fact is when you get hit by a really skilled player, he'll chain you to death if you weren't good enough to evade. It's all speed, babe. And if you screw up, you get wasted. That's how things work. A chance of fighting back...more or less, helping newbies? Chain combos is what made 1.1 fun. To even be able to do them required a hell lot of skill. And that's called getting a reward for your hard work. Why bother doing hard work while you're not progressing. Depending on little arrow keys to save you out? I mean, come on.

If you wanted to be good in 1.1, you had to be a fully 100% concentrated not to get hurt. I remember Lynx hitting me and fingerlasering me to death the second after. After a while, I just started to counter his moves. Not get hit, and keep attacking. Speed and accuracy are your weapons, let reflexes be your guide. That's all there's to it

Best answers
Ok, Masta enough about that we all know how we think about certain things, instead try to help us out here by thinking of another idea or altering mine. Just don't keep going on about something that has been dealt with already, thank you.

Best answers
yes thats good and could be added.. Iv alsow got a mighty sugestion how to fix all the melle...
But it has 0.0000005% of beeing in.... Not even 1 idea of how to fix or add something... hasent been acepted by the teem(At least i dint see 1 of the teem mambers say it..)

So basicly for me wrighting sugestions... is like talking to a wall..... :rolleyes:

P.S Carnage the 1...... Well he mostly says what needs to be done.... So id listen to him...

I think....

1. Speed up adv melle... How.. wont tell.... explained above... why wont tell....
2. Balance bouth melle...
3. Add new moves... Like that sliding idea....
4. Fix beam system to be more fun How wont tell explained above... why wont tell....
5.... Bla bla bla... I could go on and on.. but there is no point in this now is there? :S

Best answers
MajinDruu said:
If you cannot handel the speed that your fault , I however am Quite adept at being transfromed , the only diffence is while i'm transforming I change my mouse sensitvity , and yes transforming can give you the edge , Ignoreing my point isn't going to re enforce yours ... It will simply seem like you ignored what I said and are just one of those stubborn people that think there always right...

Give this man a Medal (Not Sarcastic) thats the best practical Idea i've herd so far...
Did I ever say I couldn't handle the speed? No because I could handle the speed just as well as any other Leet player. Transforming can give you the edge to an extent. Mostly through powerlevel.

In ESF 1.2 everything is slowed down SSJ Goku is as fast as normal Goku in 1.1.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Which will have to change if this mod doesn't wanna be dead in a couple of months

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm really liking that idea, Carnage. I especially like the part about blocking but still getting hit backwards. This could prevent certain things like block spamming (which i haven't seen since 1.1, since its almost useless now), and possibly a few other annoying things. Once more, i must say Holy ****, that sounds fun.

Best answers
Carnage I'm inlooooove with your idea :smile:
This is basically one of the things that ESF needs to make me play it like a mad man again..^_^

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That idea sounds good Carnage. I like the sliding :)

Best answers
Well Carnage, I must say that you sure have great ideas. Heck, they might even get me to play ESF again and force me to improve again. Damn, I would so play it again if they just implemented that. I hope the team sees that it's mod is dying under the more skilled players and that if this continues they will probably die sooner or later ... not too late actually ...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's hope Carnage's ideas aren't brushed off to the side again. I'd like to see at least a portion of it make it into esf.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Why not make a poll of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom