change the melee please?

Best answers
Chill out its deffinately not perfect. On that note the best melee game I have ever played was JKII but u cant apply that to halflife. Again all that was sai was COMBOS WOULD BE NICE. That does not mean that they should be added. I would like to see if it would work though. just TRY thats all that is said. Remember its just a beta lets leave our minds open for change.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Problem with that though, dude, is...are they supposed to revamp the whole game, put out a version, etc. ...and then just be like, "nah, better the other way" and rebuild it all over again?

I'm sure flash fighting will be in sooner or later just these foolish "click to punch and kick" people piss me off. hehe

Best answers
hey saiyanprideXIX i know how you feel but theres no need to call them idiots is there?

hey guys that want *COMBO* systems go play DMZ or make ur own mod...or...i got a crazy idea....dont use melee if u dont like it..:]

but still ur opitain is welcome as always and its a nice Idea u have but try not to insult each other puting ur point across..its not nice to the other human being on the other end..so can we have a truse guys?

P.s it does take skill to play melee just go up against joe or nightshade...have fun flying across the map..;)

anyway that ends my *hey look i can resolve things even tho im no mod* rant...:D

Best answers
i wonder what the melee struggling will be like... hmmm maybe when 2 ppl hit in melee head on instead of person with lowest ping wins, it'll engage into one of those cool looking flash meteor smashes u see in DBZ budokai or DBGT Final Bout, and u gotta do some shyt to win it then send the loser flying...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A melee power stuggle would be like 2 people locked up, throwing punches and kicks at eachother, and the the winner slowly pushes the loser backwards until he either hits a wall, or dies I suppose.

Best answers
The melee system does need tweaks, but all in all it's pretty good. If you spent some time on it, especially with teleporting, you WILL get better. When you get better, you will start to like it, trust me.

BTW Zilea(the starter of this thread), I am the same Abe Froman that you and Kronik and Jacutu(or whatever his name was) triple teamed. Yeah, the same Abe who beat you all into the ground regardless. Here's a tip; don't complain about me using only melee if you are going to 3 v 1 me. Those kind of odds and actions do not reflect positively on your credibility.

For everyone else, here was the scenario; I join a server where the goons mentioned above were 3v1 on another guy, so I joined the 1 team. The other guy left leaving me alone vs 3 people, and I still was winning. Zilea kept complaining about my "over use" of melee, so which I complained about his "over use" of triple teaming. He said he didn't care, so I just kept on meleeing.

EDIT: OMFG I just read the rest of your post Zilea, you do NOT own the entire server man. You can't even beat me, even when you block spam. I kept pounding your block and killed you without even getting a successful hit, you never hit me once. That is about the farthest thing from "owning" there is. Maybe you can say you "owned" my time, effort, etc. If you can't even beat me, you have no idea what is in store for you if you fight against the {ssj3} or {ssj4} people in my clan(I am only {ssj2}), or against one of the APE guys, the beating you suffered at my hands will be a sweet memory compared to the brutal rape they will inflict on you.

Don't give up on this game, or melee, just because there are people better than you. When I first started, melee was frustrating and annoying, but I stuck with it, got better, and now I can hold my own with the majority of ESF players out there. If you stick with it, you will be able to also.

Best answers
Who r u people that are saying all the melee is, is swooping and knocking? Its stupid phrases like that which tell us you lack skill. Melee in ESF is about teleporting, blocking, swooping, comboing, dodging, fienting, and technique. Yes, the only effect of melee is that you fly backwards, what else do you want? For them to just stand there so they get a free hit on you back?

Combos will never work for an extremely obvious reasons which ALREADY is making ESF melee unfair. SCRIPTS. The difficulty of performing combos is non-existent when you can just tap one button to performt he attack.

Like saiyan said, once melee struggles are implemented the game will be complete.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think everyone should stop saying stuff about melee untill the TRUE melee systems comes out

which is incase u havent guessed advanced melee

ive seen the plans on advanced melee and lemme tell u its deffinitly no point and click system :p

Best answers
No, there is NO skill in melee, no idea where you get this combo bull****, anyway

I really liked GoldSaiyan's idea, i think it would enhance gameplay a lot

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Zilea
No, there is NO skill in melee, no idea where you get this combo bull****, anyway

I really liked GoldSaiyan's idea, i think it would enhance gameplay a lot
Don't talk. Don't type. Just walk away before you get hurt. Obviously there is no skill in melee for you, because I'm sure you've never tried it. Just don't speak. You can't back it up, and you're just pissing us off. You keep it up and you'll be flamed out of your mind.

Best answers
I think that melee is ok. It would be better to have combos which I heard was going to happen by a few people in 1.2. I don't think it matters how fast your reaction speed or whatever is or when you played either. I did get board of ESF after awhile because its the same thing over and over again (which is why combos I think would be good).

Best answers
Nice music video man :)

Oh and I agree somthing needs to be done about the melee system =P

Best answers
to SaiyanPrideXIX, chill the hell out. your gonna have a brain hemerage or something from all the yelling. the idea about the stamina bar was'nt to good IMO, but i do agree with you in the point that the dmz combo system is'nt styled to esf at all. it would make it a really crap mod. however, the melee system DOES need work. IK in future versions it will change but we were simply trying to give ideas on how it could be changed. untill we are given an idea as to HOW the advanced melee system is/will work this is just saying what we think would be cool. so calm down geez, and in case you hav'nt noticed... ITS ONLY A GAME.

melee button combination combos would SUCK. you want that dmz if right around the corner. they have oppted for the more long based battles where as esf is more fast paced. personaly i think the beam jumps is a horrible idea cuz we'll have beam jump spammers soon that will piss everyone off but anyways getting back on track... the simple and easy, "hold the button to do an endless punch/kick combo" would be just fine IMO. keep swooping in sure but just make it a lil less boring. more than just swoop... bang.. *wait 10 secs to recover* .... swoop....bang....*wait another 10 secs*

Best answers
don't talk? how bout i beat your face in with a bat, you can't tell me anything, shut the hell up, no one will flame me because many people agree with me

Best answers
see thats not the way I'm thinking of combos though with esf. I was thinking at the most 2 buttons. Btw dmz blows thats why I play this. It would be cool to have a melee stugle so to say added it would really improve it. t

Best answers
If any of you have ever played in a fight w/ skilled players, you would see it can actually take on an effect quite like the show, I have done and seen some amazing combos using ESF's current system, and have YOU ever seen them sitting there for 12 hours charging a big bang on a downed oponent in the series? NO! they shot it as soon as it was ready, you have seen some of goku's stronger meha's, he sits there saying meha for 20 minutes at the least. Be thankful its NOT like the show in that it only takes 20 seconds or so to charge a meha to it's fullest. That little line is in there to show you when its ready to fire, USE IT, you will find that some of the attacks are even powerful at their lowest.

Now on to you people talking about mehas that take out the entire map, wouldn't happen if you managed to stay at similar power levels with everyone in the server, (excluding power struggles of course).

Now to agree with everyone, a head on collision in melee is screwed up, there should be a power struggle type of thing there, which there will be at one point, so quit yer' moanin' n' groanin'.

Best answers
i dont understand , some of u say combos, u can't do combos!~

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Deep Breath*
Okay, Beta 1.1 is the last version that will feature this melee system (beta 1.1 melee is slightly enhanced, couple fixes + tweaks)
Once beta 1.1 releases, I will most likely delete most of the current melee code, since the new system is nothing like the current melee. We spent (mostly masta) several months planning out a new melee system that will take more then 12 hours to master, wont piss everyone off, works with a wide range of pings, and is generally fun.
So now I officiallly declare that the *****ing about the current melee system can stop :)

Best answers
Originally posted by Zilea
don't talk? how bout i beat your face in with a bat, you can't tell me anything, shut the hell up, no one will flame me because many people agree with me
sure you can lift that bat? :p

Best answers
Pcjoe, what kind of changes? can you tell us? because everyone keeps saying it's changing but i have no idea how it's changing

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom