Best answers
Sorry dude but regardless of your age I'd have to say that's a pretty poor lookin picture, I've seen much better work from an 11 year old, Which you dont have to mention in every picture you draw!! Sorry but you coulda made it look more like cell, by the way is that supposed to be Trunks being shot by a beam?

MaX

Best answers
yes but yeh i did that real quick cause i had to leave.. i got a much better pic of ssj2 gohan.. and yeh thats trunks.. cell is just srta fadedin.. i dont copy these from pics i use with my mind... and i stoped drawing for a few years.. 2 years.. but im getting back into it.. . i drew that pic in prolly 10 mins.. if that

almostdeleted

A
Dude, I do better then that in 5 minutes and im 13

Best answers
Originally posted by CrackerJack
Dude, I do better then that in 5 minutes and im 13
Me too. I can draw a DBZ character in ~5 minutes, and im 12! :p

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about you actually post your work then instead of putting his down. Also you could try and help him out so he can improve.

Best answers
Well, first off. Hsu is right. I shoulda been nicer to you MaX. Today I was kinda pissed and acting like an *******. So Im sorry. Second off my scanner is broken so i couldn't show my work atm, but i will in later days. Thirdly, Im going to admit, there is lots of improvment that could be done to that picture and I'm sure you do have the potential.
One thing is the body. The beams coming from either his side or his back (looks like its supposed to be hitting his back, but seems like his side cause his arm's proportions.) and yet, hes going the other way. Try and get body proportians right (I think hes facing the side of our point of view, so only part of one arm should be visable, in which both arms should be back because the blow is coming from his back and hes being pushed forward.) Legs should be back. Proportions and such takes a long while to perfect, but with practise you can.
If your aiming for an anime style, then there are tons of people that can help you here. If you like your style, stay with it and grow :) Just remember practise! And dont rush your drawings! Take time.
And the feet look like uhh... elf slippers (without the jingle bell)?
And the elbow bends are off :p (elbows should be right at the waist (If body straight, arms down completly, body stiff), so if you have a good imagination and can interpret the body in 3D from there.)
The armor... looks like a shirt with a design to have armor on it.
I know, I can be a hard critic I'm told, but critisism helps us grow. Hell, Im critisized almost every hour by my brother.

Now pay attention to the style your trying to draw in. Take some examples and look at the features and detail in the work. Use reference pictures to boost yourself. Keep a high ego (but not too high) about your work and use it to help you strengthen your skills.

If your not aiming for an anime style, pay almost no attention to my details of my crits, and pay attention to others'. If you aiming for a whacked up cartoon of sorts like Dilbert-style dbz, then have fun and mess around.

I know you have the potential to be an excellent drawer, so keep on drawing and one day you could be like Akira Toriyama. Or Scott Adams.

[EDITs]I've edited the text a bit. Gave more crits and encouragment, and some ideas.[/EDITs]

Best answers
Thats not bad for your age :)
Ignore the others guys and keep practising :)

Best answers
I know this is going to come out wrong, but try not to take any offence.

We realise that you are 11 years old, and this is considered some of your good work, but you put like 5 minutes into it, and you KNOW it's not that great. I am in no way insulting your work, but it seems you are posting it just to show off, becuase you didn't ask for any crits or for help. So I think it's pointless to post something you know isn't good, and you will just get responses like this. Maybe in a few years when you produce some very nice art, you can post, but I think posting drawings like this is pointless.

As for crits(just incase you want them):

the armor doest look anything like armor.
the bend points in the arms dont seem to be in the right spot.
the neck is just a straight cylinder.
the fingers look like bugles.
the feet look like blades.

other wise it looks decent from my expectations.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with sonic

more ppl seem to do that, posting some drawings say they only took me 10 minutes so it sucks, and then expect u 'll get good comments on it. If u do want god comments, take ur time, make it an awesome piece, and then show it

grtz Naz

Best answers
Keep practicing, then you can laugh at your old drawing :p (busts out pictar of Calvin before 8 and now 16, weee! CALVIN YOUR REAL :X

Best answers
Dont Put Eachother Down, It Dosnt Do anyone Any Good

Best answers
age means virtually NOTHING...dont pity someone cause their younger lol, people just use that as an excuse to hide behind :D

ok, mabye it does matter a bit, but at a younger age, its pretty much all talent and self taught stuff that comes out ive pretty much hit the top of that, thats why this summer im gonna take college classes (im trying to head for a career in not just manga art, but the creation as well ) :D...i cant see your work, so i wont say anything but keep at it, and youll get better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom