Cell Shading...sorta...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Well I tried reskinning the ESF models with cartoonish skins to make it look sorta cell shaded and now I am stuck at the point where I need to add a black border to the model. I don't know how to do that with Milkshape3d, so if anyone knows I'll appericiate it :).

Best answers
theres a cell shading tut in one of the stickies i think

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On Cell Shading, cutesy of Neosaiyajin.

CeLL Shading in Milkshape Tutorial By Neosaiyajin -Credits to nuttzy for reminding me how to do it correctly.
*NOTE* go into Paint or any other Image editing Programs and make a 512 x 512 Image with a black background.

First Open Milkshape.
Load The model you want to Cell Shade.
Then go to the Selection Tab Go Down in the menu find where it says "select By" Choose Faces.

Select all of the Model.

Then Plus Ctrl+D. Then go to the tools bar on top Choose fatboy. Where it says Scale Put in .1 - .3 Then click Ok.

Select the Duplicate and here where the black texture comes in.

Make sure the Duplication of ur model is still selected. Now go to matierials tab and Find new under it then click that. Now go to where it says none and click it (the bigger bar) Now select ur black texture thru the menus. Once opened Click assign. Now Go to Faces and Then Reverse vertex order. Then go to the render viewport and right click Then Where it says Draw backfaces click that. Now go to the render viewport And right click then click textured for a surprise.

Made this tut Cuz people have been asking how to do this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats ur cell shading tut, (from the stickies, i pasted it if u couldnt find it :p)

Best answers
OMFG, thanks so much!!! that's just what I needed, I didn't actually look at the stickies as no one else looks at them ;).

Bolteh2

B
you should, next time its a warning

read the stickies first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom