Cell Shading Addon for ESF

Best answers
Our site www.gruppe-z.tk has decided to make a cell shading addon for ESF because we wanna make ESF like the Mangas or Animes of DBZ
for closer infos check our site.
what do you think about this idea?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
err, i guess its a good effort, but it takes a little bit more than making the skin base colors and adding an out line to make it look like a manga, your gonna hafta do a good bit of skinning on the model as well to make it look right

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad, but I still think being cell shaded requires more detail. The legs and torso don't seem to be skinned very well. I think a touch up on that would make it sweet.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shading just causes extra FPS loss. I think it is pointless. They used Cel Shading in DMZ. They removed it because of the high FPS loss it was causing.

Best answers
uh...dont diss cel shading, i think it looks cool, i would locve to play as a cel shaded character on a cel shaded map :yes:

Best answers
If you have a fast enough computer the fps loss wont even be noticable and therefore just add to the prettiness of the models/maps.

Best answers
Hey, this is a good idea, but take out the inside of the hair on the duplicate so it doesnt outline every strand of hair. I'll make a pic of what I'm talking about later

Best answers
i say u guys r just trying to make esf more liek dbz budokai 2....i personally liek esf how it is...changing it is gonna makit it liek dmz....look what happend 2 dod when theychanged it.....personally i think dod sucks now..but anywayz....im done.

Best answers
Ok, heres what im talking about, and excuse my horrible mouse drawing :)

Best answers
i'm runnign a p4 1300mhz (1.26 Ghz) a 256 mb ram and 14 gig hardrive, buti have ****ty dial up, this would be an extreme treat for those of us with ownage comps, please dotn let these "too much fps loss" people stop you from making such a good thing

Best answers
Fortnox....uh....what

and i think its OK to have inlines but if u got rid of them it would look like any other cartoon, i think that cel shading dosnt need "inlines" if u get rid of em it would look cooler, but the majors problem your gonna have is the black always being on the outisde and not just when their directly front/back of the camera

Best answers
I have a Amd Athlon XP 1800+ 256 ram and a GeForce 4 mx I dont remeber that i lose a frame so i think cell shading wont cost that much fps

Best answers
I just checked your site and i think the cell shading pics look really cool, cant wait to play with it.

Best answers
great idea, since i'm also starting to go for more of the anime look, if you guys wanna use my current models in the addon, ask me
my AIM is: sexyasian86
anyone else will be ignored..
peace

Best answers
i suggest you keep the inside hair lines and make more lines inside the body like on the pants also the shading has to be drastic to give it that special "cel-shaded" look

i guess you could look at the zelda game for gamecube and even the new budaki coming out because it is also cel-shaded

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
yea, please put credits to the original modellers/skinners even if you are just cell shading and what not, thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom