Cell Shaded Opinions

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what do you think would have been better, they way it is now? or seeing ESF cell shaded? i think cell shaded would be cool, would give it more of that "anime" feeling.

opinions?

Best answers
I don't think cel shading gives it an anime feel at all really. Just more cartoonish, ESF doesn't need to be cartoonish. It looks good in Budokai, but they have the modeled auras and the ability to use ten times more polygons than HL can.

Best answers
cell shadeing may look correct or extreamly cool but some modifications to models would probibly be needed to make it look fully anime ish but it could work. altohugh form a programming standpoint im not sure of the limits/capabilites or even what would be needed to implement cell shading. (i have never done much 3d programming) still learning C++ to tell be honest.

Best answers
i dont think the hl engine capable of cel shading , but anyway, i think it would look pretty cool , with some cool melee moves it would look nice , i think they used cell shading in budokai cuz it represents the cartoon side of dbz , real models sucked like in budokai 1 , it was a good decision to go cell shading , tough it would be totally different on esf

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a cel-shaded ESF add-on pack, and some of the original models still in DMZ are cel-shaded...so it can do it just fine.

I agree with Arachka ont he cel-shading for esf though.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The cell-shading you see on the model's in the model pack, is nothing else then the textures replaces by simple colors, and a outline around the model.

I like cellshaded, but not the one i have seen for esf.

I do like REAL cellshading, like in Budokai 2, or XIII.

If they could implent that, i would be very happy.

Best answers
wouldn't look cool w/ a 3d aura.. if they re-did aura ide be all for it

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oftopic, HOLAY ****, your my brother!!!, *looks at avatar* :fight:

ontopic, couldn't you just make an option to turn cellshading on and off?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think so. All the maps and models would probably have to be remade in order to be properly cell shaded. Im perfectly happy with the way things look now.

Best answers
I dont think cell shaded would look good on esf, 3d maps cell shading and transformations just wouldnt look good,

you couldnt get the effects if u powerup above water or turn ssj near the ground

i think it would be a waste of the efforts especially looking at the esf 1.3 ginyu model

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, where could i get that cell shaded model pack? ive been looking for it without luck.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You wouldn't be able to use the model pack for 1.2 since it was made for 1.1.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks a bunch, and regardless that the models changed as long as the bones are the sae, the converting just takes bones from the old models to put in the new ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom