Sam

Best answers
Hi, ok -I just want to say a few things then I will let the banter begin...

First off, the Cell Arena does not have loads of tall rocks everywhere for people to hide behind, it is mostly open desert with a few rocky outcrops.

Secondly, the Cell Arena is a LOT bigger than what is in that picture. I talking here about the actual arena itself and not the map as a whole.

Third and last thing, you need to make the confines of the arena a LOT bigger, you need more height and a lot more open desert after the arena. Less places to hide, and more to dodge -makes the battles more exciting.

Ok, thats all from me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
beta will have scale down, the maps with be massize, so shut up....

Best answers
*adding to Akuma: Second Cell Arena has been removed and Zero redid an even bigger map of it...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what kind of stupid thread is this anyway???

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
a few month ago i tried to make a map of the kame house... everywhere was water and it was incredible laggy...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It wasen´t optemized

The map you did was cool but you didn´t optimice it...
it was very slow...
and all that problems are fix able

sorry for my spelling

Best answers
When you make a map that's filled with water, it will become very framey for some reason. Not to be confused with lag.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been like that since GL Quake 1. It has to do with the water transparency and fill rates. I forget the whole thing. What's important though is that the engine limitation carries from Quake 2's engine (why o why did Valve not fix it ;/)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i wanna know is why is the cell arena in a big casim?

Vassago

V
2 reasons:

1) If the area was wide open, it would look a little stupid floating to the "edge" of the map and being able to look out/down into nothing but the sky box.

2) There are a lot of rocks and things there to block the player's view. When you look an entire map at one time, it kills your framerate - Halflife just wasn't made to handle lots of polys.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um . . . . yeah Night . . .

*hands you the most useless post award after ripping it out of Hibiki's hands . . .

:p

Best answers
Re: Um . . . . yeah Night . . .

Originally posted by Cucumba!
*hands you the most useless post award after ripping it out of Hibiki's hands . . .

:p
but i wanted that award

wee you got to relize that not everything in ESF is going to be exact but it will be close

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey... my award... :'(

anyway excuse me for being ignorent but wouldnt there be less polys in a wide open map? cause of the lack of walls...

Best answers
The size of texture also creates huge amounts of lagg. Happens from large open areas... that is why it is difficult to make esf maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom