Cell and Buu absorbtion weapons

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Absorption is one of the most dangerous Cell and Buu techniques, so I think they must have these weapons in game. Benefits:

1. Drain HP and KI

2. Helps to transform

I do not know whether it is difficult to create in game, whether it's too late, this is only a proposal.

Last edited:
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
when you make a sugestion pls try to keep it balanced , what's the downside of thise sugestion ?
I think it sould be like this
for Buu it will boost his health and power level preaty high and onced it gone it will drain his original pl to half and it willl slowly get back up

for cell , I sugest his absortion will be like this it will only drain power level from victims but if he gets hit during his abortion he will recive double damage , to keep things interestin in a 1 vs 1 to make a strugle barr for the guy getins his powerlevel drained

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be inclined to agree with John. They're pretty potent abilities so need some sort of weakness/consequence when using them.

If worked properly it would represent them a little better. Absorption is what the two were known for (as well as the desire to kill everyone).

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Moved to Suggestions.
-

The only balance to this, would be turning up the transformation rates with everyone else.

Buu and Cell, would have an unfair advantage.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could be neat, and cannonical, but there's no need from a agmeplay standpoint.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Moved to Suggestions.
-

The only balance to this, would be turning up the transformation rates with everyone else.

Buu and Cell, would have an unfair advantage.
Not necessarily unfair adventage, only need to properly balance the :smile:. Absorption may be as a special attack which requires a points. I know, will be a special attacks in new esf melee system. Known, Cell and Buu has received a lot of KI to transform. Their transformation KI multipliers should be lower than the other character.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It just seems like a win button... that completely seperates itself as a mini-game for the other person to avoid.

I hate Buu's cookie beam enough, already.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
It just seems like a win button... that completely seperates itself as a mini-game for the other person to avoid.

I hate Buu's cookie beam enough, already.
Yea, Buu's cookie beam enough :), but Cell does not absortion (KI draining) attack. Why the Buu have, but not Cell? Like in dbz anime?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, Buu's cookie beam enough :), but Cell does not absortion (KI draining) attack. Why the Buu have, but not Cell? Like in dbz anime?
Cause Cell can eat Senzu beans Buu cant.

Sorry to say this but senzu beans are more powerfull than candy beam.

Which is why no mapper puts them in anymore.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Cause Cell can eat Senzu beans Buu cant.

Sorry to say this but senzu beans are more powerfull than candy beam.

Which is why no mapper puts them in anymore.
So Cell can eat sensubeans but they are not on the map :( (only on riverside map)
Cell's absorption attack is like kamehame attack for Goku. Sensubeans for Cell shows that someone would not improve cell character:(

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aside from Buu. Cell is the best character in the game.

Good speed, good health and a fast transform. Hes in all aspects better than Goku. Not to mention SBC is a bad boy when you know how to use it.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think the awnswer to this suggestion is HELLL NOOOOOOOOOOOoo

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I always loved using Cell for the same reasons stated above.

Piccolo needs major tuning though. He looks like he has a good amount of brute strength so maybe he should have a bit of a +1 advantage in melee.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What if Cell had an absorbtion attack that drops his speed a lot and maybe changes his tail to the "ready-to-absorb" one. That way people would be able to see that opponent is trying to absorb him and easily avoid it. Cell must be near the opponent and click mouse (after choosing the absorbtion attack of course) to grab player with your tail. That could be used for weaker players but stronger ones could just stop the absorbtion of Cell by punshing or just getting out.

After the absorbtion Cell should get some PL and a frag of course. If he absorbed #17 or #18, he could change form instantly.

Just some of my thoughts until this suggestion is rejected forever.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though there is at least one thread that has already discussed this in recent memory, I will quote myself :

I like the idea in theory, simply because its within Cells character, so Im gonna roll my dice.

--Not definitive, just a collection of ideas--

Lets say an attack that is extreme close range. You select the attack, and hold LMB to charge and consume KI. Cell with poise his tail like a scorpion. Charges moderately fast. Cannot swoop/use while swooping/standard charging restrictions.
___

When you release LMB Cell lashes his tail forward. If it hits someone in close range, they are stunned, and some HP is transferred.
___

After HP has been drained and Cell withdraws his tail, the enemy is still stunned for a fraction, enough for Cell to melee to knockaway;
OR
The knockaway can be automatic and not take off HP (to compensated for the fact you already drained HP)
___

If Cell misses, there is no input for a moment as he regains his fighting stance, creating a window of vulnerability.
___

If this attack (or any type of 'grab' technique) is blocked, the defender grabs the attacker and quickly spins 180 degrees, throwing them away. Standard animation, similar to a regular shoulder throw.

Best answers
I always loved using Cell for the same reasons stated above.

Piccolo needs major tuning though. He looks like he has a good amount of brute strength so maybe he should have a bit of a +1 advantage in melee.
I agree. I think if Piccolo's scatter shot attack can be targeted with the target system, it'll give him a useful and unique ability.

I think we should talk about the differences in the attacks, why they're different, what limitations may already exist, and then how they can be implemented.

Cell's attack is initiated up close. He can either stab them and drain them like a mosquito, or try to fully absorb them and integrate the other's power into himself.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnzSZ1XREPc[/ame]

Absorb:
In this video, Android 18 is already weakened, trying to attack him. It looks like it's initiated during a Combo Melee, meaning this could be used as a SAM attack. I would say that this should absorb stamina until the person is out and then kill them unless hit or interrupted. If the player uses Turbo, then they can easily break free.

Thus the best time to use this is offensively/defensively during Combo Melee with SAM on an opponent that is low on stamina.

Maybe put a time constraint, like if he doesn't absorb them in 10 seconds, he spits them out. It could deal a fixed damage so that it's more difficult to kill certain people with it.

If they become absorbed, allow a temporary buff to speed, Ki regen, and stamina regen, maybe like 5 minutes. The bonuses would all be partial.

Stab:
I think this should be used when the opponent gets knocked down and they're out of Ki. He can stab them to regenerate his health and drain theirs. When they stand up, he's knocked back. It takes 2 seconds to initiate and use it.

Buu's Candy Attack

It's more of a ranged attack, which means it can be used in the middle of combat. This could imply a variety of situations where the opponent might have various health/stamina/ki levels. In 1.2 the damage varies and increases with PL, which I think is a good way to do it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3pt-cQSPn4[/ame]

Initiated within a close range. Instant attack. Player can be full health/ki/stamina, doesn't matter. Obviously this would be too overpowered to use all the time.

I don't really have any outstanding suggestions for this. I don't know enough about the melee combat to know when it'd be appropriate to use it. With Cell, using it when the opponent is low on stamina or downed are both circumstances that I know will exist, but candy can be used all the time.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looking at that video made me think of a horrible idea.

How about this: When Buu turns you into candy you turn into a little gumball but still retain some movement, meaning you can use this little advantage to try and avoid being eaten. I think it would give the spamming candy ray bastards a harder time. Say after about 10-15 seconds pass, you morph back into your normal form and spawn with about 20-30 HP.

Best answers
i always thought that would be a cool idea, like if you have enough ki vs the buus ki you can still move when candied but you only have like 20-30 hp, and if buu kills you then you get eaten.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Looking at that video made me think of a horrible idea.

How about this: When Buu turns you into candy you turn into a little gumball but still retain some movement, meaning you can use this little advantage to try and avoid being eaten. I think it would give the spamming candy ray bastards a harder time. Say after about 10-15 seconds pass, you morph back into your normal form and spawn with about 20-30 HP.
Real good idea:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom