Cel-Shaded Gotenks!

Best answers
Hey everyone,

It's sure been a long time since I've actually posted here...
anyway, I'm currently finishing up a cel-shaded edit of kreshi's excellent Gotenks model, here's what I've got so far.., I used budokai 3 as reference..(well from what I could remember) and I know the colours aren't quite right, but it's still wip.

I hope that works..I always seem to stuff up these things..:p

Critz, comments..?

Best answers
oh my that look awsome got any ingame pic to?? look nice :yes:

Best answers
Thanks,
Yeah I've been having trouble with the arms, it's got to do with the uvmap, it's kinda hard to keep the lines crisp when they stretch all over the model, I could re-map the arms myself..but..I am kinda lazy..lol

I haven't compiled it and put it ingame yet, but the picture was rendered (I use the term loosely) in ms3d, so that's what you can expect

Best answers
everything looks nice exept for the mouth in the front view

Best answers
Yeah, the mouth is actually part of the model, so there isn't much I can do about that

I'm finishing of the pants and ssj hair as we speak

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
um...
let the skin... is there a mouth animation for the gotenks? i dont know because i dont have the gotenks of kreshi... anyway.. maybe animate a mouth animation.... because the mouth will look weird ingame.... anyway..plz contact me
on MSN

Best answers
Well, the mouth is part of the mesh, and teeth are modelled inside, but there isn't a defined joint..I suppose I could animate the mouth..., but I take ages to animate..

Best answers
Just move the vertexes to get the mouth in another position... :smile:
And nice skin man :]

Best answers

If you make a ssj3 version I'd be glad to do that too :)

I'm re-mapping the chest and arms, I'm just gonna reduce the jacket size (because no details are in it really) and increase the arms just to get rid of the blurry lines.

I'm thinking about doing some other cel-shaded characters, I might cel-shade ned's vegetto or trunks..

I finished the pants and ssj, expect an update soon

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that looks really messy... i hate the mouth... i really dunno what to say :S cel shading has to be done properly 100% or it comes out bad. and that includes the in game rendering...

Best answers
Well, as I said, it is part of the model, and the best I can move it is into a different position.

And as for your comment on cel shading, I could of rendered it in max, and shown you a much better verison, but I would rather give a realistic depiction of something than get someones hopes up with a nice render, and then have it look crappy ingame.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or u could figure out how to code it into hl :p it should theoretically be possible.

Best answers
Update

Ssj hair, I decided to go down a different route than budokai, and stay away from the dark gold/brown and stay with bright yellow and white like the show, the arms have been cleaned up, and I've re-done the belt (it just looked dumb before) and I'm currently re-doing the pants.

Critz,comments?

G
looks really good, only one thing tho, the mouth. looks rong, might look more like it if he had his mouth pen or somin, i dunno, just dosent look right

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice i like it, very good... heh, but the abbs skin looks... pixelish

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
like he said.. the mouth is a only part... it cannot be changed! althought nice ^^

Best answers
srry but i cant compare it to mine i dont like what u did to it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you get creshi's permission, the way to fix the mouth would be to weld it shut...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom