CD Reading Problem, help needed

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys,

I had a virus 2 days ago wich blocked my Internet. So i had to reinstall windows.
Befor that i saved my old important personal files on DVD's and then reinstalled windows.

After that windows got installed i tried to get my files back, from DVD to my Computer. But, suddenly befor starting to copy the files back a Error Window Apears. It tells me that a CRC Problem came up (dunno myself what CRC means). Or it tells me that the SourceFile or SourceMedia(in this point the DVD) can't be readed or the disc isnt inserted anymore.

I actually had alot of personal and important stuff on it. Its kinda sad to see that nothing works. I tried CD-recover programs and other stuff. Tried to check if the cd is overall readable, i tried to Reburn the DVD on another DVd, though it got an error after a while aswell.

any help out there? thanks in advance

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm not sure what CRC exactly means, something to do with compression I believe. But I can tell you that your DVD might be screwed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel bad for you man. Seems those DVD's are busted, no other way to say it. Happened to me several times.

Best answers
1 question, which windows version are you using, coz only XP and Vista (methinks) allows multisession DVDs.

Try searching some dvd/cd recovery softwares, some of them might just work.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
1 question, which windows version are you using, coz only XP and Vista (methinks) allows multisession DVDs.

Try searching some dvd/cd recovery softwares, some of them might just work.
*cough*, *Cough*

I tried CD-recover programs and other stuff. Tried to check if the cd is overall readable, i tried to Reburn the DVD on another DVd, though it got an error after a while aswell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well im cuncurrently trying another Cd-Recovery programm out. Wich seems to help me out abit.

Its called CDRoller. though i have done a single Session DVD. Im going to use some tools and then trying to recover everything. ill update with stuff what happends. Cuz everything else failed at it, CDRoller seems not though.

Best answers
Like I said, keep trying, "some of them might just work." :D
Hope it works out. ;D
I lost a lot of videos like that once. Never got em back till i redownloaded them again, after 3 years. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nothing helped... the recover recovered maybe 70% of a file wich is unreadable for my computer.

I hope the files for my dads Work are saved somewhere else...... cuz if not.... My family will have big... big... trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom