Cave Map Request

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I wonder if they could add a cave map. The one that Goku and Vegeta fought in when Vegta went Majin. Goku did the Kamehameha and Vegeta did Galick Gun and the entire cave ( which was freaking HUGE) blew apart. So maybe it would be awesome to have a cave level. Another possiblity would be the cave is freaking dark so blasts and beams would light the place up like crazy. Like a crazy rave/techno party! :laff:

Best answers
Another possiblity would be the cave is freaking dark so blasts and beams would light the place up like crazy. Like a crazy rave/techno party! :laff:
that would lag alot

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
a really dark place to fight would suck -.-
but as a matter of fact, i got a cave map on my todo list in favor of Darktooth ^_^

oh, and beams that light up such a place wouldnt lag at all, they light up the surrounding environment anyways by default :p
it would just be **** to play if its that dark.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
a really dark place to fight would suck -.-
but as a matter of fact, i got a cave map on my todo list in favor of Darktooth ^_^

oh, and beams that light up such a place wouldnt lag at all, they light up the surrounding environment anyways by default :p
it would just be **** to play if its that dark.
You to ? Oh well, I guess mine will be way different anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think it should be too dark, melee would be impossible, you'd just be using the scouter to locate enemies and blast in that general direction. Even Goku and Majin Vegeta's cave had a hole for a light source, so maybe if there was one light source it would work ok.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What happened to the old ESF_Cave? Was a Beta 1 release map. Lose the .rmf/.map file?

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because map decompilers cause big problems in the map. They distort much of the brushwork, and a large amount of effort has to go into fixing and remapping the areas that become corrupted. It usually isn't worth the effort.

Whoever is going for this idea, make some spots in the cave where light pokes through with func_illusionary brushes (FADE textures). That effect is good for emphasizing light in something like a dark cave, and it looks nice.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
DragonDude said:
Because map decompilers cause big problems in the map. They distort much of the brushwork, and a large amount of effort has to go into fixing and remapping the areas that become corrupted. It usually isn't worth the effort.
correct, map decompilers arent really helpfull.

DragonDude said:
Whoever is going for this idea, make some spots in the cave where light pokes through with func_illusionary brushes (FADE textures). That effect is good for emphasizing light in something like a dark cave, and it looks nice.
yep, a widely used effect in hl maps ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom