Captain Peg Leg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, didn't know what to name this thread, but here is a model i've been working on for a couple of days now.

It's an assignment, for one of my classes this semester. This duck weighs in at 1912 triangles.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why do you have done it in lowpoly? <_<"

somehow i really love your flow..but the face mesh seems realistic and the boy somehow anime like...

Gj nwayz.... Also sup with ur one befor.. you even hadnt skinned it!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like the arms, there too long. Would look cute with short arms XD

I dont know if this is based on a ref image or imagination, but I dont think ducks where shoes :p You could just give him his duck feet if ya want. The head also looks wierd. I didnt even tell it was a duck till you said it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks liek the duck from the Nightmare before Christmas

Best answers
Growler said:
Looks liek the duck from the Nightmare before Christmas
Omg, spam and a totally unconstructive reply! /love
Like Cracker said, shorten the arms some, and for that wooden leg, make it a bit longer before it clashes with the pants.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love it, it makes me want a duck so I can dress it up in pirate clothes and call him patty. GJ

Best answers
you could shave off a few polies here and there and not loose really any detail like on the sides of the bill
those loops really dont do anything
and for the hair you could probably make it look better if it was just one alpha plane

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

changed the hair the way Yaglo ^^ mentioned, and after i replaced the boots with the actual duck feet and got rid of the hair it lowered the polycount quite a bit. So, now it weighs in at 1,822 triangles.

I think i'm still gonna model him a small stylish pirate ship and a parrot and that should complete at least the modeling part of this assignment.

Best answers
a duck with a parrot, now thats strange ......... lol lookin good

Best answers
Nice work. I like the sword and the sheath its awesome. Is there a whole sword under that sheath?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no parrot, must be a tiny monkey. a bird carrying a bird would be dumb.

the stereotypical human pirate has a parrot, for a bird pirate it should be inversed. and since you cant very well have a human on his shoulder you may as well piuck the next closest thing, ... a monkeh. wearing a red jacket and a pirate hat ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:O~~

I started teh texture on this bish.

100% self illumination.

Best answers
Looks good,Tek.i don't really think you shouldd define his muscles that much,it's a duck after all :] .anyway it's your model,keep it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm i dont like his eye browns... i suggest to make them straight and not sloopy...

also to many hard visible lines on this green skin are going streight down... looks strange... (points at the place between shoulders and tits.

also at the sides is a darkgreen line <_<.... might wanna fix it?

also the musles on the upper part are very detailed... why is the belt undetailed? looks strange to me..

also its funny to see how the body is highlighted and the head not :)

at all its good ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
hmmm i dont like his eye browns... i suggest to make them straight and not sloopy...

also to many hard visible lines on this green skin are going streight down... looks strange... (points at the place between shoulders and tits.

also at the sides is a darkgreen line <_<.... might wanna fix it?

also the musles on the upper part are very detailed... why is the belt undetailed? looks strange to me..

also its funny to see how the body is highlighted and the head not :)

at all its good ;)
-__-

The belts not even mapped, foo. The small verticle lines are part of the way i'm going to make feathers, remember it is a bird. And about the seam on the side yeah i've not even done the back so there's no point in bothering with it yet. The body's more round so and larger so it's goign to have a bit more highlights than the head which is highlighted just not so noticeable.

Best answers
Wow tek thats looking realy original and i love your tones and painting technique :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom