Capcom takes major hit. Mega Man's Creator has left the building.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kotaku said:
Guess Capcom legend Keiji Inafune wasn't kidding around when he said he hated his job : the Capcom exec said today he's leaving the company he's been with for 23 years at the end of the month.

His full job title had been Head of R&D Management Group, Consumer Games R&D Division and Contents Management Division (phew). In a blog post titled "Sayonara", Inafune explains why.

"A manager's work means evaluating your subordinates and speaking your dreams. Anyone who can do both of those can be a manager. I thought that when I came here, and I still think that now."

The problem being, Inafune believes he can no longer do both those things.

Reached for comment Friday morning, Capcom had this to say:

"Mr. Inafune submitted his resignation on Tuesday October 19th. His resignation is effective from the end of November, but given outstanding vacation time he will leave the company at the end of October."
Read more in Source.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5676403/mega-mans-creator-quits-capcom

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn, that sucks.

Also, Mega Man Legends 3 is a DS Title? What the ****? It was a Sony series of MegaMan, because it was the only 3D Mega Man and was unique for that, and had great graphics when it was released. Also, I don't think 3DS can support Voice-acting for the entire game...how disappointing, if it was Wii, it'd be acceptable, but it seems like this "MegaMan Legends 3" is nothing but a cash-in and not a true sequel.

I can see why he left; he said MML was his favorite MegaMan and they're RAPING IT!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he was tired of them Cashing in on a Series that was supposed to end after Mega Man X. But Legends renewed what he liked... Then everything else came around and he wanted to start a new game. But Capcom wouldn't let him show off his new view.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder if this has anything to do with the Mega Man MMO?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He more then likely wanted to start a new game. When he stated a long time ago that he wanted to End Mega Man after X and start a new game... I think he finally got his light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom