can't uninstal esf

Best answers
Hello. i have a huge problem. i wuz playin esf, and then dis ting bout steam popped up and i had a problem wit it until i emailed dem. dey emailed me back and fixed da problem, but now i have nother problem. esf wuz kinda screwy, so i wanted 2 uninstal it. it asked me if i wanted 2 uninstal it, so i sed yes. notin happened. any1 no wut i should do?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:
ps: if ur havin trouble scrollin down, just hilight sumtin an move mouse 2 da verry bottom of da screen.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Throw it out manualy and install newly. Should fix that.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow triple post ^^

Be patient this isnt MSN :p

/me gets shot by Pain

In any case go to where you have HL installed. In the HL directory there is a ESf directory.

Select it and that open the rightclickmenu on it. In that menu you choose delete. And than click on yes.

Congratiulations you threw out the game manualy.

Now all you need to do is to run the installer ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ikusagami, please do not post multiple times in a row. If you've got something to add and no one has posted yet, you may edit your post by using the 'edit' button you see at the bottom right of your posts.

Best answers
wait a sec...i already dit dat. didnt help :(:(:(

p.s. im soooooooooooooooooooooo srry 4 triple posting!!!!!!!!!!

...ummmmmm u can reply now. ;/ ;/ ;/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you did what Grega said, then the game isn't installed anymore. That folder contains all of the files that are the mod, so deleting them and uninstalling ESF are one and the same. The Windows Add/Remove Programs manager might report that it's still installed, but it isn't.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The Windows Add/Remove Programs manager might report that it's still installed, but it isn't.
If anyone wonders why it is still on the Add/Remove software list while you already have deleted it, is because when you manually remove it. It does not removes the things that has been added in the "registry". As Grega already said, if you removed the ESF folder located in "steamapps/youruser/game/", you should run the v1.2.3 ESF installation, and re-install the game.

Best answers
It didnt work. i deleted esf and it still thinks esf is installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ikusagami said:
It didnt work. i deleted esf and it still thinks esf is installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Didnt i tell you. After deleting ESF reinstall it. Than you should be able to uninstall it normaly >.> Just make shure its the same version.

Best answers
i did all dat an it still aint workin! i deleted esf an wen i downloaded, it says esf is already installed. do you want to uninstal it? i say yes an nothin happens!

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;/ ;/ ;/

comon comon comon comon comon comon comon comon comon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pleez post pleez post pleez post!!!!!!

pleez pleez pleez need help need help need help need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
i dont tink so, but esf isnt completely deleted since it still tinks its instaled.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't you try running Half-Life 1 once and installing it again anyway and see what happens.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Ikusagami said:
ok ill try. thx. r u still there pain? o_o
Pain can't be always around. Besides, the only reason why you need to launch Half-Life once is because when you do that "files" will be added for half-life 1, and that is needed for be able the ESF to detect your half-life and to install.. It should just work fine when you do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom