Can't see programs on a dvd i made

Force Pit Member
Best answers
okay, so i just formatted my pc cuz it needed it. And for some reason it will read my discs like, my XP disc, all my other discs like nvidia and asus etc. However, this disc I made containing a .rar file-- it will say it's empty and won't recognize it.

And I just can't figure out why. If anyone can help me out that'd be fantastic.

If you need certain information about the PC let me know.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Open up My Computer, right click the DVD drive, and select "explore".

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
okay, so i just formatted my pc cuz it needed it. And for some reason it will read my discs like, my XP disc, all my other discs like nvidia and asus etc. However, this disc I made containing a .rar file-- it will say it's empty and won't recognize it.

And I just can't figure out why. If anyone can help me out that'd be fantastic.

If you need certain information about the PC let me know.
It sounds like it just might be a problem with the disk rather than your computer. Sometimes when I burn stuff to a disk, my computer would be unable to read it. So, I end up having to go back and burn another disk.

What program did you use to burn data to the disk?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, here's kinda how it happened. I would put the dvd into the drive, and then it would ask me what I wanted to do, and I'd hit "burn data to disc" or w/e it said. Then it would configure, then I'd drag and drop it in there and it would burn. Now, my laptop could read it, my gf's laptop could read it, but my computer couldn't. And according to my drive it would say "0 bytes out of 0 bytes".

So I installed a new dvd burning drive, and installed this thing called Nero and all of a sudden ****s working, so a mod can close this thread. But originally I was using windows to burn it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom