can't play online or lan

Best answers
i have esf dragon ball instaled but when i try to play with my friends i can't. when i try to connect online or lan this appears "VALVE Validation Rejected" why ?? can somebody help me pls????but if i change to CS or HL it works.... what should i do

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try reinstalling.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you each have a seperate copy of Half-Life installed onto seperate Steam accounts?

Best answers
man i dunno but i have a counter strike 1.6 kit, esf123, evolutionx, evolutionx patch ........but ??? what else??? tell me what to try and i'll try it ..... i have 2 PC in my room with a lan connection and i want to play with my cousen .....that is if i can .... explain pls

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
K

First, make sure you have two steam accounts. You can't use the same one. If you don't have two steam accounts, then you cant play.

this means you'll have to buy Half-Life twice.

Another VERY VERY important step is...

Delete evolutionx, evolutionx patch.

Best answers
Seems like the problem is that you have no steam... I also encountered the same problem when trying to play esf in lan in network that wasn't connected to internet. First we installed original old half life from its cd, then we just installed esf into the old HL directory... We could create game but could not join...
Practically to play with your friends over internet, all you need separate steam accounts and steam installed, on every computer...I dont know how to play in Lan only network...

Best answers
this can't be happening i got myself a steam... but when i tried to create a game this is what it tells me in the console "lan servers are restricted to class c...." what should i do?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Note that you don't need steam to play through LAN. And no Pain, I am not giving him information on how to bypass steam!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom