Can't play esf.

Best answers
i just installed the game but how do i run it? i ran the .exe but it ran steam.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What game did you install ESF into?

Was it Half Life 1?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To play esf legally, you need the following files and install them in the following order:

1. Steam (install it first)

2. The NEWEST version of Half Life 1 (IMPORTANT! Half Life 1.1.1.0 should do it, or you can just download it using steam if you have the LEGAL cd key. Install it into steam once you get your account)

3. ESF (install it into Half Life which is in steam. Then run the shortcut and VOILA! You're playing ESF)

Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
To play esf legally, you need the following files and install them in the following order:

2. The NEWEST version of Half Life 1 (IMPORTANT! Half Life 1.1.1.0 should do it, or you can just download it using steam if you have the LEGAL cd key. Install it into steam once you get your account)

3. ESF (install it into Half Life which is in steam. Then run the shortcut and VOILA! You're playing ESF)
Lol man, legel is the only way to play ESF, unless you can find some unused CD-KEY off a street corner...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
He has already Installed Steam, hence this line that he made in the first post: "i ran the .exe but it ran steam"

I don't know if you are dreaming, but v1.1.1.0 is for the WON system, not STEAM. Or you are attempting to play illegally yourself mister :p. Half-Life latest version for steam is v1.6. Besides, Steam always updated automatic, so you don't have to do it yourself. Nor you can even update manually.

Actually, you have to Download Half-Life 1 first from steam. Then Launch Half-Life once, quite the game and then install Earth Special Forces. Once done that, restart Steam and you'll see the game in the game list. From there, you can right click on it and select to make a shortcut out of it or just double click on the ESF Icon under the games list in Steam to play the game.

And Dizza? Please do read the following threads:
~How to ask for help!
~How to install ESF

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's_Soul said:
Lol man, legel is the only way to play ESF, unless you can find some unused CD-KEY off a street corner...
ESF can be played with WON too, but it's illegal. So using Steam must be legal. Pain told me so himself.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
ESF can be played with WON too, but it's illegal. So using Steam must be legal. Pain told me so himself.
Playying esf on WON isn't "ilegal", unless you are playying it with a generated key, it's just that the chances of palyying esf on WON in most cases turn out very buggy. No one supports game related issues on WON anyway, so it's why people reccomend the use of steam, which you need an account & legal half-life key for in order to play esf online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom