Can't Join Games

Best answers
I can't connect to any servers and have not been able to play half life online at all. it says my version is outdated (i have counterstrike) help? p.s its not my net , i have dsl

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, then update ure CS to the latest version!! I believe the latest version of CS is 1.6!!

Best answers
What, theres no 1.6 CS.
Is there...?

Best answers
No theres not..no 1.6 out yet, DL 1.5

Best answers
i tried getting a half life update (1.5) which ive now installed.
BUUT, it still says my version is outdated? and when i ignore it some servers say that im not on the same protocol?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has to do with your version.Probably you have an old esf or something.I say its because your counterstrike needs to be updated

Best answers
well i have esf2.0 anyway. but my normal counterstrike doesn't seem to be allowing me to fight online.
ive tried upgrading it with the 1.5 mod upgrade, still the same.
i also tried getting a new patch or something? hl1110.exe
but it doesn't seem to wanna instal , that says "you must instal it into the half life folder" even though thats what i was doing...
im really stuck :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Be sure that you got the latest CS Retail update and not the update for the mod!!

Best answers
aah, well according to the counterstrike website the retail file should be "cs1005.exe" as i try to install it i have to select a directory, but when i do it says "you are attempting to install counterstike Update to an invalid directory you must install the update to the same directory where counterstrike is installed"
and ive tried C:\Sierra and C:\Sierra\Counter-Strike
uhh help?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Select ure CS Retail directory!! I dont know the default folder name off hand, but Im sure you can find out!!

Best answers
well ive tried quite a bit, i don't like to post if i can't fix things myself. i don't think theres much more you can help me with, thanks alot anyways!

i had a look on the counterstrike forum and this other guy seems to be having similar problems

Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom