Can't Get ESF 1.1 too Work!! Need Help!!!

Best answers
Me and a few friends aren't too fond of 1.2 and wanted too go back and play 1.1. But unfournately, none of us can't seem too get it working throught steam. I tried installing it through the steamapps folder just like i did 1.2 but no lucky. I tried also installing it in the Half life folder through steam as well and nothing happen. I havent tried the older way because i heard u needed steam too play any version esf now. Anyone know what the problem might be ?...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think 1.1 was pre-steam, so try the older way and see if that works

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy 1.1 works just fine with STEAM. There are a fiew problems seting up a server but you can get it to woek 100% ^^

All you need is the steam pack :p

Links:
http://www.esf-world.com/main.php?content=fileinfo&file_id=21107

Just install that once you have ESF 1.1 installed to the right directory (same as ESF 1.2) and itll work perfectly ;)

Best answers
I didn't install steam on my pc and my ESF work very well! So did I need steam?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Earth Special Forces v1.0 / v1.1 works basicly without steam, since those versions were designed for WON.. But v1.2 and above were designed for steam. So don't come here if you get problems if you're not using steam.

Best answers
Well My version is 1.2.3 you know. I can play the game very well without install steam!

Best answers
By the way, can some one tell me how to make the SonGokuSSJ3 model available in the game?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SonGokuSSJ4 said:
Well My version is 1.2.3 you know. I can play the game very well without install steam!
Than consider yourself lucky ^^ Thats a 10% chance of ESF working without STEAM ^^

In any case without STEAM you are missing on the online fun. And belive you me real players are better to play against than bots XD

Best answers
I know. Thanks anyway. But I have just downloaded SonGokuSSJ3 model from esf-world and I don't know how to put it to work in the game?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
rename that model to ssjgoku.mdl and replace the model in "esf/models/player.ssjgoky" with the custom model you downloaded.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
rename that model to ssjgoku.mdl and replace the model in "esf/models/player/ssjgoku/" with the custom model you downloaded.
Fixed typos ^^

Oh jea and remember to backup the existing model just in case you dont like the new one ;)

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SA_Gohan said:
I think 1.1 was pre-steam, so try the older way and see if that works
I remember moving to 1.1 on steam when nobody was ever on the won version >_> and download Steam with ESF 1.1. But ESF 1.1 should work with WON. Do what grega said. But you can only transform once, so it will only display ssj3 goku, no super mega ssj10 hyperpower zomg power boost D:

Best answers
where can i download the older versions which don't need steam?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.esf-world.com
www.hl2files.com

But remember the older versions have no bots integrated. So youll have to find the bots yourself.

And since WON died you wont be able to play online.

Versions you could use are esf b1.0 and esf b1.1

Best answers
I once had an old version of ESF and I really enjoyed to play it with my friend. I tried my best to seek for that version's bot but so far no luck and I began to think that there was no bot for that version. My version at that time was 1.1. So who can find where its bot pls tell me. Thanks!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the question was pretty much answered. This is a help thread, not a chatroom.

SonGokuSSJ4 please do not double post.

- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom